Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Terror On Tiki Island!

Pages: 1 0 replies

Time for all you Tiki Folk to dust off your Finking Caps and get sketching as I'm putting together what I hope will be a fantastic collaborative art project and exhibition titled (as you may have guessed) Terror On Tiki Island!

The idea is relatively simple... Take a series of uniformly sized perspex boxes (roughly the size of a shoe box) and let a bunch of talented folk go wild building, painting, drawing and whatever-ing a Tiki scene or Tiki inspired piece inside of each one. Thus, each box will become a very individual self contained piece in series of identically sized works, which sort of explains the Tiki Island part of the title...

The terror is as follows:

The boxes will be prepared to allow a section of Hot Wheels track to pass through the middle and your work must be built around that track AND leave sufficient room for a toy Hot Rod to speed along. Once assembled, the Hot Rod will (hopefully) be able to start at the first box and travel through each of the different works, performing a natty loop the loop in the middle before coming to a (presumably) crashing halt after it has passed through the final work in the series.

Think of it as a sort of Human Cen-tiki-pede... Ho ho.

The boxes will all be wall mounted in a gently descending order so that a viewer can follow the whole journey of the car or just take in the various works at their own pace.

This is at a very early stage and I have no date for the show. I am currently wanting to see who might be interested in taking part so I can see how many boxes to construct and how much track I will need to beg/borrow/steal.

So if this stupid (but frankly, AWESOME) idea sounds like something you might like to try then contact me via this page or at:

[email protected]

Hopefully, I'm not the only person stupid enough to think that this sounds like a good time...

LFT

Pages: 1 0 replies