Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Artist Alley Preview!! Tiki Oasis 11...

Pages: 1 11 replies

K
kirby posted on Sun, Aug 7, 2011 5:37 PM

Aloha All!
Me (Kirby) along with Eric October,Tweedlebop/Michael Flemming ,Mikel Parton “MP”,Tom Cooper,VanTiki and a few others will be vending in the ARTIST ALLEY area at Tiki oasis. It is located in the inside vending room. PLease make sure you stop by and buy some Original TikI ART from us!!
I wanted to start this thread to allow those vending in the Artist Alley to preview our stuff! So If you are vending in the artist alley please post your wares here..

Here are a few things I will e bringing with me!!
A few paintings will be available!

KU 5'5

Redwood mosaiac painting

The Tiki of the pacific island map pendant collection is gonna look somthing like this. I have a couple other versions and sizes in da works this one is the biggest at 26x22.. The pendants are removable so you can choose the island tiki to fits your moood!

A few masks

3D redwood painting

and as always i will have rather large handful of tiki pendants

see ya at oasis!!

[ Edited by: kirby 2011-08-16 17:04 ]

T

Hey Kirby!

Thanks fer creating this thread! The pendant/map piece looks incredible!

I've got 20+ projects in the works right now, but none are complete yet... here's a few pix of work in progress...

Finished some new pendants, here's a pic of three new designs:

Ceramic stuff comes out of the kiln today, fingers crossed they made it... unfortunately, I won't be able to post pix, so stop by my booth and see 'em live!

Rapa Nui Birdman Bowl 2nd variation

PNG Bowsman's Shield Mug

Here's a piece I'm still sculpting, with reference photos and a mai tai for inspiration while I work. It's part of a series I'm calling, complicatedly enough, "Mugs of Tikis from in Front of Places". Cumbersome, but it pretty much describes the theme.

I'll post more work and update these pix as I complete stuff!

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2011-08-07 23:31 ]

[ Edited by: tobunga 2011-08-18 15:21 ]

K
kirby posted on Tue, Aug 9, 2011 7:59 AM

Lookin good E .
MP?
VanTiki?

V

Great idea for a thread, and great looking stuff! I'll be photographing the Oasis goodies friday and saturday - I'll be sure to post the pics here!

Henrik "VanTiki"

M
mp posted on Wed, Aug 10, 2011 12:59 AM

Thanks Kirby! Looking good, and you too Eric. I cant wait to get down there and see it all in
person. Ill be posting in a few days, Im slammed getting stuff done. For anyone on FB here is the
link to some random phone shots.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.204141856280630.57912.100000544504276&type=1

Ill have some pics soon, Cheers

K
kirby posted on Thu, Aug 11, 2011 6:15 PM

it looks like were gonna have a great aRtist alley this year .. cant wait to see the resto of the shtuuuf!

V

Ok - just posted this over in the "Gallery" section - but I wanted to put it here too. Artist's Alley represent! :)

I just shipped 4 boxes of goodies to San Diego, and can't wait to follow them over the pacific Thursday night! I wanted to post photos and prices of what I'll be offering this year so attendees can have a bit of a heads up. You can find me and Ms. VanTiki in the Artis't Ally (indoors) - I'll be sculpting mugs in my booth all weekend, so be sure to stop by and say aloha!

Here are the goods (in no particular order):

•Leaky Rattles #1 and #2•
These melodious mugs hide a deep, dark secret. Is it the wonderful music they make when you shake them? Not at all! The rattles are very proud of the music they make. They are not very proud of the small crack in their bottom. Yes, my friends, these rattles can't hold their liquor. THey are for display and music making only!
One-of-a-kind hand-built sculptures in glazed stoneware. Display and music making only - will not hold fluids! Available at Tiki Oasis 11 for $250 each

•The Curious Pendants of VanTiki Island•
Anthropologists have long puzzled over the vast array of colorful pendants exhibited by the natives of VanTiki Island. Are they symbols of status? Reflections of the wearer's inner spirit? Amulets of power? Whatever the answer, all agree that they look quite spiffy.
Assorted ceramic pendants in hand-pressed glazed stoneware. Available at Tiki Oasis 11. Single color: $15, 2 color: $20, porcelain bone: $5

•The Bowchaser•
Run out your guns and prepare to repel boarders! Salvaged from a shipwreck, the natives of VanTiki island have used fire and stone to transform this mighty naval cannon into an imposing deity. Leveled at your enemy, the Bowchaser can hurl a coconut 400 yards. Aimed towards the sky, it will hold a fair amount of rum and liquor, perfect for sipping at your victory feast!
Massive one-of-a-kind sculpture in glazed stoneware with oak cradle. Available at Tiki Oasis 11 for $450

•The Stone Pitcher•
Sometimes you mix too much Mai-Tai for a mug to handle. The Stone Pitcher has patiently poured drink after drink for the honored guests of VanTiki Island chieftains throughout the centuries.
Massive one-of-a-kind sculpture in glazed stoneware. Available at Tiki Oasis 11 for $750

•The Mysterious Framed Faces of the Pike Expedition•
Perhaps the most unusual aspect of the famed Pike Bros Expedition of 1892 was not the disappearance of the entire party several weeks after steaming up the mighty VanTiki River - it was the large crate that arrived at the British Museum the following month. A crate filled with an assortment of framed faces! Scientists and anthropologists have long argued as to whether the faces belong to the members of the Pike Expedition, VanTiki natives, or someone else entirely. One thing that everyone agrees on is that the faces make a wonderful addition to your parlor, den, or lair.
One of 3 individually hand-sculpted ceramic framed faces in glazed stoneware with porcelain eyes and teeth. Available at Tiki Oasis 11 for $275 each

•VanTiki Tiles•
A variety of hand-pressed tiles pried from the walls of long-lost jungle temples. Each tile is notched on the back and ready to hand from a wall in your den or secret lair.
Assorted glazed Hand-Pressed ceramic tiles. Available at Tiki Oasis 11 for $25 each

Whew! Thank you so much for looking - and I can't wait to see you all at Oasis!

Mahalo,
Henrik "VanTiki"

M
mp posted on Wed, Aug 17, 2011 1:30 PM

Looking Great everyone!!!
I am late again per usual. Its weds afternoon and still waiting
for the load in the kiln to reach temp. I'm leaving for Oasis in the
morning, got to hurry up!

This year I will have a small batch of Square Bobs and "Tall Boy"
Square Bobs. All of them are artist proofs. And also some carved
Frank mugs and carved Irwin mugs.

Here are some glaze shots before goin in.

"Tall Boy Square Bob"

One of a kind Irwin mugs

Carved up frank

Tijuana black velvet frame inspired Frank the mug

Family of Bobs gettin painted up

One of kind Blue Square Bob

Like I said theres only a small batch so come by early and
get a Bob,Tall Bob, Frank or Irwin. Or just come by to say hey!
Cheers, MP

Rockin it as always MP!

Great stuff! Oasis always has some great vendors. I'll try to get by & see it before it is all sold. Aloha.

T

Posted a pic of some new pendants in my original post... sadly, no pix of completed ceramics stuff!

MP, your mugs are AWESOME!

M

Hi MP, I love your square bob's. Are you going to be selling them on line, or rather other than at Oasis?

Pages: 1 11 replies