Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

"Travelling Shecky"

Pages: 1 3 replies

Well, I've decided that Shecky #39 has been marked out for a life beyond the dry, dusty shelves of Tiki Central. This particular Shecky will accompany me on travels near & far, being photographed when necessary & it's journeys posted on Tiki Central. He shall meet new people who may not even recognise the word 'Tiki', but he shall help these poor souls to understand the joy of Tiki Central.

This will be brutal for Shecky #39. His glaze may be scuffed, his rim chipped. He may even suffer the full body blow of utter breakage. But.....we can rebuild him.....we have the glue....we have the technology to create the worlds first bionic Tiki mug! (Well, should he be broken, I'll patch him up as best I can).

Other Sheckys should follow this example. Let's take Tiki back from those who want to push it into becoming the sort of hobby your grandparents enjoyed. Grab those mugs from behind that glass case and drink from them. Those with Sheckys, get them photographed away from home. Take him with you to exotic places, to meet exotic people!

So, wish the young lad luck, as he's going to need it.

Trader Woody

M

*So, wish the young lad luck, as he's going to need it. *

Sounds good Woody. Perhaps you'll get lucky and Shecky will someday meet "my" Shag Mondo mugs that are now MIA. It is a small world and all. They're out there, but it's a cruel existence for a Tiki mug.

On that note, both Munktiki and Tiki Farm have been exemplary in their handling of this fiasco. Kudos to both, I still recommend their products and service. Will be unable to ever do so for UPS, brown.

We're going to Vegas net week, maybe our Shecky will se the strip? Nah, wih our lack of gambling skills he'd be hocked at one of many Vegas Pawn shops.

Let it ride!
midnite

Grab those mugs from behind that glass case and drink from them.

Done and done... and doing! I actually want to throw out the rest of my glassware, except for some killer gold palm tree designs I got from target.. and my tiki tumblers.

M

Yeah...just leave the ones with the lead glazes in the display case.

-martin

Pages: 1 3 replies