Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

first tiki

Pages: 1 9 replies

My FIRST TIKI! feed back welcomed, its made out of black acacia wood, it was a scrape piece, probably would have ended up in a land fill or a fireplace, thank GOD it now has a home, I feel this Tiki was inside of that log and all I did was let him outUpload an Image
Image uploaded.

Your Uploaded Images
Images uploaded by you in the last 24 hours:
How do I include these images in my posts?
To use these images in your post, highlight the text that is below the image use you want to include. Make sure you highlight the entire line, including both the beginning and ending ![]( parts.

Once you have it highlighted, copy it by pressing Ctrl-C (or Apple-C on the Mac). Now go to the window with your Tiki Central post. Place your text cursor where you want the image to appear in your post, and press Ctrl-V (Apple-V on the Mac). The entire line you copied should appear. If you have done it correctly, you will see an image in your post when you press the Preview button.

[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/72421/4e45e702.jpg)

I'm not carver (or expert) but I think it's a great first Tiki WarBanshee! Symetrical, deep carves and I love that grain. Careful though, next thing you know you'll be remodeling the backyard to reflect a more "tropical" theme :D

Great job. Don't stop now. You did this one perfectly like you had done hundreds.

The gallery thread is for finished products (your last photos). If you are going to do more carvings you need place your step by step photos in the carving section. You will get a whole lot more feedback there.

Cheers, Wendy

i like

N

WHOOOA!! That is your first TIKI!?!? That looks fantastic...really like the wood...really like the design...and the finish looks great! Keep on carving and keep on posting!

That's damn good for the first one! I think you ended up doing a little too much to it, though. I liked it best in this stage:

The lines on the nose are confusing the features, and that glossy finish reminds me too much of the many cheap import Tikis out there. But overall it's a promising start. The test will be if you can do a good one without the toothy mouth. :)

HJ

Looking good. Best of fortune in your carving and art.

Love the two tone stain colors you got going on it. Nice contrast ! and BTW awsome job for first Tiki. Looking into carving up my first one soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

I think it is a fantastic job.

I think it is a fantastic job.

Pages: 1 9 replies