Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis 2012 save the date

Pages: 1 41 replies

I know it's early but I want to make sure you all have the dates for Mojave Oasis II April 19-22nd 2012 we are throwing in Thursday for you early birds info to follow in a few weeks.

Save the dates!!!!!!!!!!

Same date as Hukilau,

Not that I can go to Hukilau,
but that might be a bit of a bummer for some.

Jeff(btd)

B

Definitely not cool to have same date as Hukilau.

Well it's the same date I had this year or the same weekend. I am trying to keep it the same as it was Isn't hukilau in june?

P
phinz posted on Wed, Aug 24, 2011 4:41 AM

Hukilau used to be in June. Christy has moved the date this year.

On 2011-08-24 04:41, phinz wrote:
Hukilau used to be in June. Christy has moved the date this year.

Thanks for the info, not much I can do, That is the weekend I had this year, I picked it not to interfere with Caliente in May and Hukilau in June. Im sorry it now conflicts.

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-08-24 10:47 ]

You wanna blame somebody ? Blame the folks who decided to organize the Ohana event A WEEK AFTER Hukilau.
Not for nothin', but most of the folks that now go to Ohana, USED TO be at Hukilau every year.

I'm guessing that Christie moved Hukilau because of Ohana. Hukilau was in June for the past 4 or 5 years,and done so to avoid Hurricane season, due to the 2005 Hukilau Hurricane fiasco.

Mojave Oasis was the same weekend last year.

http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2011-08-24 11:22 ]

Ayayay, kids! Let's face it, there are just too many parties in Tikidom!

With the economy the way it is gonna be for a while, I predict that 95% of the people are gonna choose to stay on their side of the coast when it comes to event choices, so it should not affect each event too much. Then again, these days every single customer counts. So I hope a compromise can still be found.

rumor has it hukilau moved because ohana is in june and it was taking away from their event so it was moved to april now....

again, just a rumor goin' round...

On 2011-08-24 11:21, tikiyaki wrote:
due to the 2005 Hukilau Hurricane fiasco.

The Hukilau Hurricane was in 2004.

For those that managed to stay, by choice or by being stranded, we had one hell of a party at the Mai Kai that night. Hukilau guests, Mai Kai employees, I think even a couple of random people off the street.... well lets just leave it at being one hell of a party that few will ever forget.

Not that I want to do it again! I'm just saying that was one hell of a Hukilau that year.

T

On 2011-08-24 11:21, tikiyaki wrote:
You wanna blame somebody ? Blame the folks who decided to organize the Ohana event A WEEK AFTER Hukilau.
Not for nothin', but most of the folks that now go to Ohana, USED TO be at Hukilau every year.

I'm guessing that Christie moved Hukilau because of Ohana.

[ Edited by: Turbogod 2011-08-24 13:45 ]

On 2011-08-23 19:48, Bill5925 wrote:

Not cool to have the same dates as Rum Renaissance either!

I

I agree the economy is going to be a restriction more from traveling more than one event overlapping another. I would love to head across to the other coast but financial obligations prevent me from doing so. If I'm not mistaken, we still don't have a sizable tiki event during the dead of winter.

As for where I'm going in April (plus the fact I have my wife and kids in tow), I'll only say this: I'll have my tent in case it rains. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Just sayin....

Hey now! Let's not be blaming OHANA up here in the North East for scheduling similarities, we don't quite have the seasonal options that those of you in the West, or the South have!

But back on topic, I hope someday to make it to this event! I looked at pictures from last year and fell in love with the idea. Tiki and camping (preferably in a classic camper) just plain works for me!

On 2011-08-24 13:49, Chip and Andy wrote:

On 2011-08-23 19:48, Bill5925 wrote:

Not cool to have the same dates as Rum Renaissance either!

Chip, There was never an event in April that I knew of when I was thinking about Mojave, that is why I chose April. I am sorry, But my event was in April this year and I will continue that. My event is a different venue and I get people from the vintage trailer community too. Its a shame, there is overlap.

Thank you Granite Tiki.... On the west coast there are areas that are nice all year, But Mojave is a potluck. In December thru March it is in the 30's at night, Rains and winds up to 80 MPH. The leaves are bare, the weather is like north east without Snow, but it can get snow as well, we have had ice. May is Caliente , June was Hukilau and Ohana, July Thru September is over 100 each day. So that left me November(too many Job events,holidays Barrett Jackson, Sema, thanksgiving) and April. I chose April. See their was a method to my madness.....

I really dont think we will clash, I also agree, people will go where they want and can afford. I hope all events do well in the coming year with this economy

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-08-24 15:38 ]

TT
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.