Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Trader Joe's Tiki Art...11/03/11 Update

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hello all!

I've been admiring all the posts for a while and thought it was time for me to jump in.
I work as an artist for the Trader Joe's in Burbank, Ca., (also have done work for other stores in the area) and I'm trying to keep a little tiki love alive.
I hope you enjoy the pics! If you want to see more, check out my site http://www.ginohaslerjr.com.

11/03/11 - Here's a buff tiki I did for the vitamins & supplements section of the store

All the above are digital

...and this is how the shelf signs look once the art is incorporated

Foam-core and acrylic paint

Chalk pastel

Mural for the Woodland Hills store, a Tiki-fied Warner Center - acrylic paint

Thanks for having a look!

[ Edited by: Gino Hasler Jr 2011-11-03 05:14 ]

HJ

That is such hip Tiki-art!

Will be at local Trader Joe's this week, 'hope your art has made it to the Chicago area stores!

Hi Gino, welcome to Tiki Central. I've looked at your web page and it looks as if you belong here. Fun tiki art. I for one have noticed the tikis at Trader Joes and appreciate that they have your art there. Keeping tiki alive means the world to all of us who love it so thank you very much. Don't go away now, keep posting and allow us to follow your tiki art. Cheers, Wendy

Thanks so much for the king words Wendy! I'm glad you like the work. I'll definitely keep updating!

U
umeone posted on Thu, Nov 3, 2011 5:52 AM

Aloha Gino, I absolutely love your Tikis! :D Wendy is right we need more tiki in our everyday lives and at the grocery store, my favorites are the Tiki Miranda and the Wine Barrel, I have been known to partake in a bottle or two! :lol: Yes, please keep posting! This is just so great that I can jump on TC and get my daily fix of tikidom! :lol:

Mahalo Y'all,
Linda

Nice work! Make sure you don't go back to just being a Lurker! :)

Awesome work! I wish our Trader Joes had stuff like this in it. The Vitamin supplement Tiki is hilarious. I have to wonder though what in the world did they use the tiki with the skulls for? A Halloween POP or or display?
Please continue to post your wonderful work.

Thanks again to everyone for the compliments!
@tigertail777 - The skulls tiki was for the liquor & 'spirits' section. I tried to give it a little shamanistic/voo doo vibe to play on the word.

Right on, Dude, great tikis! Love the work and TJ's, I'm at the Pasadena one at least once a week. Keep up the great work!

Had to come back and look at those. Wow! Current Tiki art in a commercial setting. Chicago needs more Tiki in local Trader Joe's.

Pages: 1 9 replies