Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Coastal Creations - Finished Work

Pages: 1 5 replies

My brother asked me to make him a tiki and this is what i came up with. This is the little guy that started my love for making "tiki's". I ended up giving it to him.

I liked the way it came out and immediately started on another one. This one i actually sold to a buddy of mine. My first sale. ha.

****Warning, this could be considered tiki nudity...... :)

I dubbed him "Petrified Woody"

Those are the only two that i have finished to date, but i have four more in various stages of completion. They are both made from Mesquite wood that i salvaged from peoples curbs. I still can't understand why people just throw wood away. Grrr. Both were made using grinders.

Thanks for taking a look. Cheers.

These are very nice. I like both designs. If you haven't already how about starting a carving thread showing your work step by step. Look on the home page just above other crafts. I've never watched a tiki formed that was done by grinding
and I'd like too. Keep it up your have your own style and it's terrific, Wendy-danlovestikis

Thanks Wendy, I don't really have any idea what i'm doing, but i'm having a good time doing it. hehe. Anyhow, i started a carving thread, but the only one i have in there is a hand carved piece of mesquite. I'm working on my first palm hand carving and it's taking me forever so i might give the grinder a shot on the next one. The grinder scares the crap out of me sometimes. :)

A

On 2011-08-23 15:49, Coastal Creations wrote:
but i'm having a good time doing it.

Sounds to me like you know exactly what your doing.

T

I love your carvings shown here so far - organic delights! Keep having fun while creating and the rest will fall into place...looking forward to future posts from you.

HJ

Nice technique. Hope you are thoroughly enjoying the creative process.

Pages: 1 5 replies