Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Shookups - at Don's THIS Thursday night!

Pages: 1 28 replies

Here's a little change of pace for all of you who made it to Tiki Oasis. Hope to see everyone out supporting live rockin' western bop, Don's and most of all, a really good time!

It's FREE too! (also...Bong says he pound you if you don't show up for a good time!) (ok.... half kidding on that last bit....it is FREE!!!)

2 sets of Rockin' Western Bop this Thursday night at Don The Beachcomber in the Dagger Bar! FREE!!!

So that's not an Earthquake we will be feeling Thursday night?

• Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:*
    So that's not an Earthquake we will be feeling Thursday night?

No sir.

It will, indeed, be The Shookups.

bump(kin)

Tomorrow night!

(I know we aren't the definition of "Tiki" per say, but you won't leave disappointed!)

Been wanting to get to one of your shows for a while now. We've got a little group headin' out to see y'all.

Tiki Kitty wrote:
Been wanting to get to one of your shows for a while now. We've got a little group headin' out to see y'all.

Awesome! Thanks for the support!

Super excited to play here again.... haven't played Don's since Mariepalooza. Let's pack the Dagger!

See ya there!

Everyone is in for a treat! These guys sound great!!! Make it to Don the Beachcomber on Thursday and be impressed! (Come early for happy hour!!!!)

• SoccerTiki wrote:*
    Everyone is in for a treat! These guys sound great!!! Make it to Don the Beachcomber on Thursday and be impressed! (Come early for happy hour!!!!)

Thanks ST!

And, Yes(!) get there early for Happy Hour and seats (we're hopin' there won't be much sittin' going on though :wink: ).....

C

Looking forward to seeing the Shookups!

Caltiki Brent

CA

dang ! ano'da excuse to go to Don's... damn you all!

See ya all tonight!!

OK now I think its shaking! see ya all's there!

I am disappointed that I was not able to make it to the Don the Beachcomber show.

But at least there will be another chance to see The Shookups soon. At The Pike Bar and Grill in Long Beach on Fri, Sept 30th.

Myspace: The Shookups

Great Show!!! now I got to go to bed.

Thanks Chuck!.... and Thanks to everyone else who showed up! It was great to finally get a chance to meet some of you!

Rum does go good with ol' timey Western music. :wink:

[ Edited by: Dartin Menny 2011-08-26 08:18 ]

T

What a great show! Can't wait for the vinyl! And is was fun hanging with y'all on a school night :wink:

On 2011-08-26 08:34, Twatiki wrote:
What a great show! Can't wait for the vinyl! And is was fun hanging with y'all on a school night :wink:

YESSSSS, Twatiki's first post! Long live Twatiki!

These fellas are fantastic! I've been dying to get out to see them and am so glad I did. What a classic, refreshing sound. Just what the doctor ordered. Trevor will love them too, and is already sorry he didn't make it out.

Thanks to Bong for turning us onto his newest endeavor, and thanks to the Shookups for a great night of music!

Tiki Kitty / Deanna

On 2011-08-26 08:34, Twatiki wrote:

Oh my god! you actually did it! let me be the first to welcome you to Tiki Central Twatiki!

The Show was really "ROCKING" the Shookups brought the toe tapping and the hip swinging
my first time seeing you guys, but not the last, I tell you!

Nice to see alot Don's regulars back in action after Oasis.

It may seem that a Western Swing band might be out of place at a Tiki Bar like Don's
but I thought it was a perfect venue for them, I think the band got hooked on those "Rum Barrels" too.

Looking forward to the next show.

CTiT

C

Great show...I really enjoyed the Shook-Ups and look forward to seeing them again!

Caltiki Brent

You guys were fantastic! What a wonderful night for music at Don's. The Shookups had us dancing and admiring the talent they brought together to form this delightful Western Swing combo.
Atomic Tiki Punk and I look forward to your next gig!

Kevin, you are the KING of the Steel Guitar. :)

HT

The band at DTB were great, lots of tiki people out to support The Shoopups and Bong. It also bought Jungle Ginger and Chuck tatum is Tiki out. Also Doug Horn.

For those of you that might be a little put off by the label "Western swing", this isn't sleepy country music we're talking about, it's straight up vintage style rock n' roll! Great show guys, I know my wife and I are fans now!

Bummed to have missed this.

We were campin'.

Bong! Your shirt looks a lil' tight around your neck. :wink:

next time.

On 2011-08-28 21:47, RevBambooBen wrote:

Bong! Your shirt looks a lil' tight around your neck. :wink:

next time.

It's the only way to get his head to fit into the hat.

[ Edited by: Chuck Tatum is Tiki 2011-08-28 21:56 ]

HT

Chuck Tatum is Tiki, when are you going to appear at the new comedy club at the Golden Bear in HB???

CA

very entertaining night!

We are very stoked you all came and supported.... but most of all.... we are very stoked you all liked it! Thanks again!

Pages: 1 28 replies