Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Tommy Bahama Rumologist -- top 20 finalists!

Pages: 1 10 replies

B
Brice posted on Mon, Aug 29, 2011 9:23 PM

Aloha, TCers, I need your help! I've been chosen as one of the Top 20 Finalists in the competition to become the first Tommy Bahama Rumologist. At Okolemaluna Tiki Lounge in Kona, we work hard every day to spread the gospel of good rum and quality tropical cocktails. With your help and your vote, I can spread this message at Tommy Bahama locations throughout the country.

Please visit https://www.facebook.com/tommybahama?sk=app_195242107208514, check out my video, and cast your vote for me. Also, please share this link with your friends, your TC ohana, and fellow rum lovers everywhere. Let's send a tiki community member out into the chain restaurant world to raise the bar on drink quality...it's long overdue, and a victory that everyone can enjoy.

Big MAHALOS for your support. I know I'll need every vote I can get, so as they say in politics, vote early and often!

"Paradise" Brice Ginardi
Okolemaluna Tiki Lounge
okolemalunalounge.com

D

Congrats, dude! That's awesome.

I voted for you. Apparently people can vote once a day.

[ Edited by: djmont 2011-08-30 05:16 ]

The fez!!! That alone brings you to the top. Rumdood's in there too. So, it's going to be a tight race.

B
Brice posted on Tue, Aug 30, 2011 1:24 PM

I know he is damn good, gotta try and put my best foot forward. Hope we both make the final five!!! Aloha for the support

Brice, to win a rum mixology contest must be every bartender's aspiration, and I wish you the best of luck with that - but for Tommy Bahama's ? I just can't put a "like" on that page.

Dear TCer Friends:
I, too, am a finalist in an online Facebook contest for a job as Rumologist or rum ambassador for Tommy Bahama. Voting ends on Thursday, September 8. As a sommelier, I hope to bring real rum appreciation to the position
I would also appreciate your vote!
Here is my video application:

http://youtu.be/K-8c-TMDjCU

Cheers,
David Johnson

Any word on who won?

OK, Tommy Bahama announced that the field has been winnowed from 20 down to 10 finalists. Congratulations to Brice Ginardi and Matt "RumDood" Robold, for again making the cut!
The contestants will have to submit a new video for this phase. I might suggest a little more focus on what you might do for and with - specifically - Tommy Bahamas various rums. From their standpoint, you will be primarily an educator/promoter/ambassador for T.B. rums,... and only secondarily, for the appreciation of fine rums, in general.
(You may have to self-hypnotize yourself into believing T.B.'s stuff is top-tier.) :wink:

Edit: I snarked too soon. After reading RumDood's review of Tommy Bahama White Sands, it sounds like it's much better than I would have expected - especially for a white.

"The rum's the thing..."

[ Edited by: Limbo Lizard 2011-09-12 12:44 ]

Edit: I snarked too soon. After reading RumDood's review of Tommy Bahama White Sands, it sounds like it's much better than I would have expected - especially for a white.

Unfortunately, he snarks on the company in his first paragraph of his review (rightfully so IMHO). I wonder if the company will see that review and perhaps pass on him as their ambassador. His straight forward honesty will either make or brake his candidacy. You know they will make him wear their clothes. :D

His actual rum review does make me want to try a bottle. Something I would have never considered.

RB

Slightly veering off topic, but the TB White Sand is suprisingly good. I bought it a while ago mainly for the accompanying tiki mug, so the rum ended up being a big bonus. (The bottle itself is kinda cool, too.)

Ah, man... sorry, Brice.
In the contest for Official T.B. Rumologist, the field has now narrowed from ten to five finalists, with new voting to begin on Oct. 3.
Congratulations, Matthew "RumDood" Robold!
Other finalists are Kathy Casey of Seattle, WA, Carlton Grooms of Osprey, FL, Jack Terry of Key West, FL and Phil Thompson of Los Angeles, CA.

Pages: 1 10 replies