Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Forbidden Island 6th Annual Parking Lot Sale: Sunday 9/25 ***photos***

Pages: 1 29 replies

Alooooha!

It's that time of year again! Time for Forbidden Island's 6th Annual Parking Lot Sale!

Once again our parking lot will be crammed full of Tiki and Mid-Century goodies for sale. We'll have all your favorite vendors, and some new ones too. So come shop for you, or shop for your friends, or shop for your friend's friends.

I'm proud to announce that so far, we have the following vendors signed up: Doug Horne, Taboo Island, Notch, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Tony, Bongofury, Tobungo, Retro Diva, Tiki Go Go, Lake Surfer, Chick a Boom Vintage, Jungle Trader

Bring CASH! There is no ATM on site and not all of the vendors can accept CC payment.

Yummy cocktails! Fantastic Finds! And the La Penca Azul (formerly La Pinata) taco truck on site to satisfy your hunger cravings. What more could you ask for? But wait...there IS more!

Sale officially ends at 7 pm, but then the party continues with live music by Alameda's own Kit & The Branded Men.

We look forward to seeing you on The Island!

Mahalo

For those on facebook, please RSVP on our event page http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=169694119774812
Here's some pic of our parking lot sale last year: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.447966945002.243311.66526350002&type=1

[ Edited by: Molokai Mike 2011-09-29 16:14 ]

We still have a couple spots open, PM me for more details. Cheers!

I'll have my bamboo bar up for sale. Cheap cheap. Some rattan furniture too. Collectibles and stuff and tikis of course. Tony, Danny, Dave, it will be good to see you guys. HAIL YEAH! 8)

Can't wait Vic! Good times ahead!

Bamboo bar is 55 inches long, 20 inches wide (add a few more for foot rest) and 40 inches tall. The ship's wheel is separate. It will be sold at F.I. as well. Rare.

Back. Lamp under bar works.

Sneak peaks coming soon!

[ Edited by: lake surfer 2011-09-16 21:29 ]

Can't wait!

ALOHA!

We are excited to announce the finalized, confirmed vendor lineup for our 2011 PL Sale, sure to be the biggest one yet - from local and world renowned artists personally selling their work, to vintage clothing and accessories, to lots of Hawaiiana, LPs, DVDs, Tiki mugs and more.
Timeless coolness will be represented in every form. If you can't find what you're looking for here, it probably doesn't exist!

The 2011 vendors are (drum-roll please):

Swamp Fire Lounge: art. LE mugs, T-shirts, Jewelry
Taboo Island: tiki art. Tiki pendants. Thor art
Tiki Jungle: tiki carvings
Retro Diva: vintage clothing
Fuzzy Dude: kitsch/ misc tiki
Eric October: tiki art, drawings, pendants
Bongofury: DVDs/ lamps
Notch: mugs
Nancy Solano: misc tiki/ vinyl
Tiki Kaimuki: mugs
Lake surfer: carvings/ objects d'art
Dan Vado: cocktail books, incl Beachbum Berry collection
Tiki Tony: art, mugs, driftwood objects d'art, puffer fish, shrunken heads
Eco Exotic: tiki furniture and design
Tiki Go Go: tiki apparel
Chick a Boom Vintage: vintage clothing
Danny Cervantes: misc tiki
Rich Sparks: mugs
Mighty Mick: Tiki carvings
Tiki Diablo: limited edition mugs/ tiki carvings
Coyle/ Cramer/ Tom Cat: misc tiki

DJ Tanoa will be providing the auditory soundtrack during the sale, and Alameda's own Rockabilly/ Classic Country sensation, Kit & The Branded Men, will be performing after the sale
PLUS, what has now become a tradition, the La Penca Azul Taco Truck!!

See y'all there!!

[ Edited by: Molokai Mike 2011-09-16 11:07 ]

All of these, and more, available next Sunday!

I will have hand carved and hand painted wall hangings and masks inspired by Papua New Guinea, The Hawaiian Islands, The Marquesan Islands, The Caroline Islands and the Cook Islands.

I'll also have hand carved tiki pendants inspired by the Marquesan Island and the Hawaiian Islands.

In additional to all of this, art and carvings inspired by the Polynesian Pop Movement of the 50's and 60's.

Now... getting it all on an airplane and to the event, that's the fun part! :)

Big Mahalos to Michael for all his hard work in putting this event together, and this, the 6th Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale will be the best yet!

See you all soon!

Phenomenal Dave!
This rattan love seat for $100.00 will be there too. Length of 4 ft.

See y'all there. Debuting a new mug there in super limited quantities. Tiki Diablo's Rum Barrel! I may have a 4' tiki or two at event only pricing if anybody is interested?

MT

I might be interested! :D

Hi All! Really Excited to see everyone this weekend!

We have "The Real Thing," - Tiki Furniture !
We hand make furniture from the coconut Palm trees. Not the shell of the coconut but the actual tree. We do not use glue or modern chemicals. Our furniture is actually made using nautical lashings. We us the same methods that South Pacific & Aleutian indigenous people have used in making canoes & kayaks for centuries.

Real Tiki Furniture with a mid-century ergonomic twist. Some of our styles have a vague Art Deco shape or an Atomic Retro look, some have a Danish slant and still others are strictly Tiki. Like nothing you have ever seen. Fine Furniture made to last a century or longer . . . Fine, top full grain and fully protected, vegetable dyed leather w/Coconut palm trim !

See you this weekend!

SQUATCH will be there...

Here's a few handmade mugs before firing and glaze. I'll have some driftwood toucans, $5 tiki necklaces, paintings and prints! Pretty excited about heading north for this!

I'll also have my Wife's ceramic wall fish:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/beachcomberceramics

See you in a few days!!!!!

Just a few more days until the sale! Lot's of packing to do!

Homemade tiki candles (3 varieties!) and Tiki T-shirts with vintage matchbook prints, from Nancy's Tikis. We've also got a big pile o' vintage Hawaiian record albums, vintage cups, a bunch of Hawaiian shirts, and a lot of other cool stuff that just doesn't fit in our home's "Tiki Room." And the biggest score of all: A vintage musical decanter porcelain Hawaiian Elvis wearing lei. A must see! Very much looking forward to the event. We've been to every sale, but we used to just buy stuff. We're very happy to be a vendor! See all of you out there. Aloha .....

I have work training on Saturday till 5pm so I am going to miss you all. TikiTonY said he will bring a few things up for me so if there is a lamp, shrunken head, or video (I have one complete set of all of the following TV shows: Hawaiian Eye, Tales Of The South Seas, & Tales Of The Gold Monkey). PM me by tomorrow if there is anything specific you want. Aloha and have fun.

Bongofury

T

Handmade Ceramic Shrunken head $50.
5" tall

See you Sunday!

On 2011-09-22 16:23, bongofury wrote:
I have work training on Saturday till 5pm so I am going to miss you all. TikiTonY said he will bring a few things up for me so if there is a lamp, shrunken head, or video (I have one complete set of all of the following TV shows: Hawaiian Eye, Tales Of The South Seas, & Tales Of The Gold Monkey). PM me by tomorrow if there is anything specific you want. Aloha and have fun.

Bongofury

WHA? The vendors start movin in at 11am Sunday brah. You can't make that? COME ON MAN!

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2011-09-22 22:02 ]

Great looking stuff guys ! Well, here are a couple of pics fo stuff I am bringing. World Premier of the Tiki Diablo Rum Barrel (only bringing five! ) Hand-carved two foot wall tikis, a few of my JuJu (Barney West tribute mug) I debuted at Tiki Oasis last month and some other fine ceramics. See y'all there!

The vendors against the back fence are nothing but trouble!

LT

I like that barrel! Will you be doing more?

Thanks, and yes I will. Look for it after this weekend in our ebay store.

On 2011-09-23 10:54, Tiki Diablo wrote:

The vendors against the back fence are nothing but trouble!

Yes, trouble is our middle name.

T

And some carved driftwood panels! $50.

T

I'm working on a few new things for the parking lot sale... Just got these giclee prints back from the printer... It may look familiar... It's a print of my painting of the Stockton Islander.

Print measures 11x14, full color, with archival inks and paper.

They'll be debuting at The Forbidden Island paring lot sale this weekend!

See everybody soon!!

Mahalos!
Yer pal,
Eric October

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2011-09-24 00:57 ]

did this happen?
no pics?

FI PI Sale 6 did indeed happen. Another one for the record books! Despite a change in the weather and competing events, we got a great crowd in all day long. I was really impressed with the vendors this year. It was literally a "who's who" of the Tiki art world and the merch was just terrific. Nice to see some
SoCal TCers who made it to FI for the 1st time and a sea of familiar faces. Cheers to the vendors, who came from far and wide and of course, cheers to all that came, bought and drank and made this a raging success. Mahalo and Aloha!

Here are some pics:

The "line down the block" tradition

Tiki Diablo, carver of FI's signature Tiki, takes a break from vending

FI's fabulous staff kept the drinks flowing all day long, never missing a step or garnish, despite the crowds

...while DJ Tanoa (aka Samoa Boy) kept the tunes flowing

Drinks served from the Ku Bar, which now resides permanently at FI

Jungle Trader with his astounding array of merch (including an 8 ft Bosko fountain!)

[ Edited by: Molokai Mike 2011-09-29 16:12 ]

Three creative minds and the bodies they inhabit

Jungle Trader, Drunken Hat booth

The guy on the left used to be a hippie, the guy on the right brings me my drinks for free.

Great pics! Looks like a fun event, thanks for sharing!

Pages: 1 29 replies