Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Exotica 2003 Event Info Updated!

Pages: 1 14 replies

K

With the Hukilau just weeks away, it's still not too early to be thinking about what you'll be doing in August! We think you should be in Chicago for Exotica 2003.

Need some reasons why? Check out our updated site at http://www.konakai.com/exotica . We've just added a considerable amount of detailed information about each of the events, including who's performing where, what's happening where, and how to get your hands on some of Exotica 2003 goods -- including a very limited edition Munktiki mug! Sign up for the Kon Tiki Bowl, save your seat for the Tiki Bus, and buy tickets for Cocktails at the Kona Kai, closed since 1998 and reopend for one last night for the Exotica 2003 crowd.

And don't forget to keep an eye on the other Exotica 2003 threads here on Tiki Central, including this one:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=3499&forum=4

And this one:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=3195&forum=4

Then go and have a great Hukilau, and we'll plan to see you in Chicago in August!

[ Edited by: kongtiki on 2003-06-09 11:06 ]

K

Don't forget to check out information on the party at the Chicago Kona Kai! Seating is very limited, so get your tickets today!

Also, if you find anything missing on the site, feel free to send us an email at [email protected]. Need more information on hotels? Kid friendly events? Just let us know...

D

Am I gonna be the only one who is going solo to these events? My friends don't like tiki, I know that is very odd, so I'll be going to these events by myself. Unfortunately, I don't really know anyone who will be in attendance. If anyone sees someone wandering around by themselves so hi, please.

D

Am I gonna be the only one who is going solo to these events? My friends don't like tiki, I know that is very odd, so I'll be going to these events by myself. Unfortunately, I don't really know anyone who will be in attendance. If anyone sees someone wandering around by themselves so hi, please.

D

D

D

D

D

D

T

Well, Dawn, you may be solo, but your posts seem to have cloned themselves.

Why don't you do the same?
Guranteed company!
:)

Seriously though - the TC community is a pretty friendly one, and after a Scorpion bowl or three, you'll have more new pals that you will know what to do with.

Anyway, everyone is stoked up this week in getting ready for the Hukilau next weekend, but as Kong says, it's never too early to start making plans for the big windy city Tiki adventure in August.

More to the point, I just got an email stating that tickets for the Kona Kai event are going fast.

Only $40 gets you OPEN BAR (and snacks) for three hours at a Tiki Bar - that's a bargain, and we all know it! Especially since this is the Kona Kai we're talking about.

So, at risk of pissing off that guy who says I'm always peddling something, I will hype something on behalf of someone else this time: the Carters have requested that I remind you all to make your reservation (and pay) now - before it's too late.

http://www.konakai.com/exotica/event_konakai.html

Aloha

JT

T

Thanks for letting me know about the tix. I didn't know we needed them. looking forward to coming to Chicago. Always wanted to go there during the Wax Trax heyday. Never Did :(

N

On 2003-06-11 12:08, Dawn32 wrote:
My friends don't like tiki, I know that is very odd, so I'll be going to these events by myself.

Good for you! I went by myself to see Ravi Shankar perform when I was 14 and I had a great time. My idiot friends just didn't know a good thing when they saw it, and it sounds like yours don't either.

N

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that they'd like to know how many people are planning to attend the Luau, but that there aren't actually tickets for that event. Is that correct?

K

Many of the events are indeed free and there are no tickets necessary for the overall weekend. However -- the exclusive party at the Kona Kai requires ticket purchase ($40), the Fires of Polynesia Luau requires admission purchase, and the surf show will have a $10 fee at the door.

Check out all the goodness at http://www.konakai.com/exotica

Pages: 1 14 replies