Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

the Florida tiki-carving contingent!!!!

Pages: 1 2 53 replies

P

Now that I'm getting a newer truck I'll be doing lots of road-tripping and I'm just wondering where some of you guys are located so if I find myself in the neighborhood maybe we can meet up for a cold one and talk tiki.

This can be the official "Florida Tiki Directory"....

I'll go first.

My name is Jeff and I live in lovely Tampa....

M

McTiki

"Andy"

Merritt Island

Don't know if I'm much of a carver, but, I'd go for the cold one!

Mc

If you are in the Brevard area, I would suggest you post something on the "Brevard Tiki" group on Facebook. The Storm Shelter will be open for business in another week or two and is always open for a fellow traveler!

"Tom" in Fort Lauderdale-ish

If you come to town be sure to visit The Mai Kai!

N

Orlando checking in, Name is Nick and you are welcome anytime PJC

Hey hardbop, Do you have a shop in rockledge? off of US1?

S

I know there are a few of us in the Tampa Bay area. I'm in New Port Richey. I've got the ice if you got the RUM!!

"john"

parrish-manatee county just south of ya across the pond.........and tom is right. if your in his area ya have to go to the mai kai.

[ Edited by: creative chimp 2012-12-28 13:37 ]

Sounds like Benzarts right in the middle of it all.
Lets get together tomorrow.
Some one call him & tell him were coming over.

NIxxon: I think you are thinking of Island Mike's in Rockledge. I am about a mile north of there behind the hospital. The Storm Shelter is my home bar. You'll have to make it by sometime.

I'm Josh from Orlando. I'm always down for some tiki talk. Me and my bud Nixxon get a buzz on and talk tiki on occasion :D

P

very cool!

keep 'em coming...

I have a shop in Gulf Breeze. Have you been there?

This is what I do 24/7
Don Holifield
http://mycargoship.ipage.com/store/index.html

mycargoship - Welcome aboard. Yes, we have met. My brother lives in Gulf Breeze and my sister is in Navarre. I'll be up there for Thanksgiving - I'll stop by.

B

On 2011-09-16 04:15, Will carve wrote:
Sounds like Benzarts right in the middle of it all.
Lets get together tomorrow.
Some one call him & tell him were coming over.

Don't know if I'm in the 'Middle of it all", but I'm definitely on the edge. Port Saint Lucie is where I usually hang out,, C'Mon fdown/up/over?

P

digging this one back up for the new guys....

and also to invite you guys to my little page on facebook....

basically I am trying to bring some local people together and get a little tiki bar scene going. I used to think I was one of the only people around here who was into tikis and stuff, and then I started meeting more people and realizing that I was not alone, but part of an extremely fractured scene. The bottom line is that there a lot of us, but unlike out west, there aren't tiki bars & tiki events popping up every 5 minutes/miles, so a lot of us just don't know each other.

I don't like to just include people in groups without asking them, but you're all welcome to join us.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/352104094880192/

[ Edited by: pjc5150 2012-10-24 15:12 ]

You may be part of an "extremely fractured scene" in your area of Florida, but
try northern Wisconsin. I AM the tiki scene up here :)

P

lol...you are free to join us too sir...

K

Chris

Palm Bay

Florida native

Keith Capizzi AKA "Crazy Capizzi"
cocoa beach fl

John,
I talk much better than i carve! lol
Cocoa Fl. (Right on HYW 520)Look forward to meeting anyone
on here!!

Hey, some Brevard folks I haven't met yet! You guys need to check out the Brevard Tiki thread here on Tiki Central as well as my home bar The Storm Shelter. There is also a Brevard Tiki Facebook group. We have some cool events coming up soon, including a cool invite-only tiki party in January.

V
Vipon posted on Sat, Jun 1, 2013 8:56 AM

I'm in St. Augustine. Just getting started on carving.

F
Fox posted on Tue, Apr 1, 2014 2:33 PM

Livin' on Whitemarsh Island, GA (Savannah). Been making Tiki necklaces, keychains, door Tikis, table top and desktop Tikis. Been at the shops on Tybee Island to see if I can sell there. No tiki culture anywhere around here from what I can see. I'm from Florida and now want to come back home. Was born in Rockledge. Would really love to be around MORE people such as you folks!!

You might want to reserve your opinion until you've actually met a few of us!

P

SUNSHINE STATE BROTHERHOOD!!!

Big KU Head. 10ft Flat Top Hair, Used old tree stump for base.

Todd

I'm in Boca Raton. Watching the Blood Moon.

AI

I'm Daryle; I'm in Manatee county, but work in Tampa. Just had the distinct pleasure of spending some time this weekend with Jeff from SoulSurfTiki.

Here are a few of your Florida Tiki Carvers (and one from Kansas) at The Hukilau. GreentikiPat - Surf Soul Tiki, WillCarve, AlohaStation and Tikimecula.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 16, 2014 12:20 PM

Why is the smallest one of the group the one who carves the biggest tikis?

On 2014-06-16 12:20, GROG wrote:
Why is the smallest one of the group the one who carves the biggest tikis?

Hay!
I resemble that remark.

[ Edited by: Will carve 2014-06-16 14:26 ]

H

Shouldn't Benzart be in the picture somewhere?

P

he was a no show... :(

There are several tiki carvers that "should" be in there - they just didn't make the trip.

P

spoke to benz, he wasn't feeling great...

Gathering some ideas for an event and I want to generate a list of active Florida tiki carvers -- who aren't in rehab and whose probation officer will let them leave the house. Either reply here or shoot me a message.

What are you wanting to do? There are many that do not use TC.

N

I live in Orlando I am active carver I am not on probation and I have not had a drink or a drug in 5 years 10 months. its a miracal,

The Straw Hat Barmen are thinking of hosting an event featuring tiki carvers some time in 2016. I would like to get a list of folks interested in participating that we can run ideas and dates by.

Is it limited to just Floridian carvers? I might just time it to a visit to the Mai Kai.

D

Yeah, keep us posted - I'm not in FLA either, but I might be able to coordinate a dive trip down that way at the same time and just throw my chisels and mallet in my suitcase. Although, 2016 is a ways off - I can't guarantee that I won't be incarcerated by that time.

DH, I'm in the Phoenix area as well. I'm certified. If this goes down I'd be interested in hookin up on the dive or two. Are you aware of the Tiki Az group? They're on fb.

I'm in (if my schedule allows it). Be aware that the Strawhat Barmen are located in the Cocoa Beach area (several hours from Mai Kai and Rapa Nui Reef).

Yeah, I can confirm that we are thinking of the Cocoa Beach area. We found a hotel that would make a good location and the manager didn't running screaming and pulling her hair out when I mentioned that we might want to surround her pool area with tiki carvers, so that's a plus. Hoping to have some details prior to Hukilau so we can talk it up then.

[ Edited by: TikiHardBop 2015-04-30 14:38 ]

I say the more the merrier. I'm down, sign me up! just plan it for a day im off.

I wish I was in this picture!

On 2014-06-16 14:19, Will carve wrote:

C
cy posted on Thu, Jun 11, 2015 8:11 AM

Mt Rushmore of Florida

D

Melbourne, FL here. Not a carver but painter more or less lol.

Pages: 1 2 53 replies