Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: Cruzan for a Bruisin'

Pages: 1 10 replies

Hey folks, I just came up with this tonight (Or so I think--there's sure to be a similar recipe out there) curious to see what folks think of it. I'm clearly no tiki drink expert, but I just can't help myself after re-reading BBB Remixed, so here goes:

Cruzan for a Bruisin'

1 oz. Cruzan light aged rum
1 oz. Cruzan Single Barrel Estate Rum
1/2 oz. Cruzan Coconut Rum
1 oz. OJ
1 oz unsweetened pineapple juice
3/4 oz fresh lime juice
1/2 oz Velvet Falernum
1/4 oz orgeat syrup
1/8 tsp St. Elizabeth allspice dram
1 dash Regan's orange bitters
1 oz. ginger ale

Add everything except ginger ale to a shaker with ice cubes and shake vigorously. Add the ginger ale and stir. Pour unstrained into a Collins glass or tiki mug and garnish with a mint sprig. Okole maluna!

D

Are you sure you included everything you have? :)

On 2011-09-16 05:45, djmont wrote:
Are you sure you included everything you have? :)

LOL -- yeah, it is a bit kitchen sinky, but hey, I'm an admitted newbie! I guess I could have included the other 17 rums in the bar, but it might have gotten a tad strong.

it's sort of a Dark'N Groggy Foggcuttin' Painkiller...

Stormy Miehana Tai?

A

Were you out of Herbsaint and Cointreau? :wink:

On 2011-09-16 09:04, arriano wrote:
Were you out of Herbsaint and Cointreau? :wink:

I am out of Herbsaint, actually :P

How, I would like to know, can anybody run out of Herbsaint, unless they just bought one of those 1½ ounce mini-bottles?
I wound up with two full bottles. I use a little mister-bottle to spray the inside of a glass (for Sazeracs), and an eyedropper for most other drinks. At this rate, I'm afraid I may have to leave most of the second bottle to someone, in my will!

On 2011-09-16 10:39, Limbo Lizard wrote:
How, I would like to know, can anybody run out of Herbsaint, unless they just bought one of those 1½ ounce mini-bottles?
I wound up with two full bottles. I use a little mister-bottle to spray the inside of a glass (for Sazeracs), and an eyedropper for most other drinks. At this rate, I'm afraid I may have to leave most of the second bottle to someone, in my will!

I was given a partial bottle, and she is no more. Is there a thread for liquor trading?

D

Hey, you didn't say -- how did it taste?

I really liked it! Despite the numerous flavors, I found it to be well balanced: sweet, tart, and boozey with just enough spice from the falernum and the allspice.

Pages: 1 10 replies