Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Hula Girls at the Dagger Bar 12/09/11

Pages: 1 44 replies

The Hula Girls are going to be playing a Motorama After Party at Dons this Saturday night from 9 to midnight! Go see some customs and hot rods in Long Beach on Saturday and spend the evening with us.

Don't forget that happy hour runs from 11:00pm till 1:30 too. Super bonus!

Aloha!

Spike
http://www.facebook.com/thehulagirls
http://www.myspace.com/thehulagirlsband

[ Edited by: Bora Boris - Cleaned up some "edited by"s - 2011-10-31 18:16 ]

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns 2011-11-07 16:07 ]

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns 2011-11-07 16:33 ]

[ Edited by: luckydesigns 2011-12-07 21:11 ]

You probably mean 10/01/11 (one of those wacky binary dates) for the date of the show.

And you must be referring to motorama at the Long Beach Arena.

Yes....and yes. Thanks, King!

You also probably meant to say what a pleasure it is to know me?
and you had that $50 for me for that thing.......you know ...that thing....

I'll be there!

oh why the hell not,
I have been there monday and turesday all ready this week,
and will probably be there on Friday for Outerwave.
time to set up that bed in the basement again.

Jeff(btd)

Sounds like it could be a big night at the little tiki bar!!!

HT

Jeff BTD-If you set up your bed in the baesment, you might get lucky, there could be a female ghost.

Reminder!! Tomorrow!

Flyer Party???

Love it!

Punk rock, Ben. Photocopier and a pen. Back to the roots.

I've been digging roots all day, see you in the PM Saturday.

Will the originals (marker and construction paper) poster bills be available for sale tonight? (Or are we supposed to take them off the walls -like the old days!) :P

See ya tonight!

The Hula Girls rocked the place last night, They even got a group of non TCers
dancing away, I got to say that seeing & hearing the "Hula Girls" in the Dagger Bar
at Don's is just one of those "perfect moment" moments, Their sound just fits the ambiance
and mood of the place to a tee, I found myself just having one of those "Classic Tiki" moments.

And that's what you are missing if you don't step out and experience the Place, Band & Cocktails for yourself
you are just not living the "Tiki Lifestyle"

Bummed I missed it, Been sick for a week.
:(
I say you gave it to me Chuck.
;-/

Jeff(btd)

On 2011-10-02 22:01, bigtikidude wrote:
Bummed I missed it, Been sick for a week.
:(
I say you gave it to me Chuck.
;-/

Jeff(btd)

Or was it the other way around?

Thanks Chuck! It was good seeing you at Don's!

What a blast we had! The place was packed! And there were only a few TC-ers there to see us. We drew pretty good from Motorama after a little flyering campaign. And the big group that was there when we started playing, stayed till closing. Good times at the Dagger Bar!

To our shock and amazement, we had a very special guest come and watch the show last night. One of the 'original' rockabilly cats, Don Myers - the bass player for Eddie Cochran from 1959 till his tragic death. He recorded on such Cochran tunes as "Something Else" and "Sitting in the Balcony!" It was a pleasure to play for such music legend. Especially given how much we all dig Eddie Cochran's catalog of music! Here he is with our own bassist, Christian Kessler.

We're back! THIS Saturday night!
Come join us!!

That's a Bingo!

Tonight!! He's a video with us and the lovely Szandora (from Thee Swank Bastards) performing an old Hank Thompson song. We'll be at Don the Beachcomber tonight from 9-midnight playing some music and celebrating both our drummer and our bassist's birthdays! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRRbztGWKy8&NR=1

We're back at Don the Beachcomber, tonight, playing our hopped up hapa haole and surf music.

If you can't make it to Primitive to see us, come and hang out tonight!

9-midnight with happy hour starting at 11:00.

The Hula Girls will be in the Dagger Bar during the big Tikiyaki show, this Saturday night! If you wanted to come out and the show has sold-out on you, you can still join in on the fun with us. There is no cost to see us in the bar!

We start at 9:00 and run till midnite.

Dinah DeRosa and Judy Luck will be dancing with us on Saturday night as well!

We will see you in the Dagger Bar, Spike!

T

Spike, will the Econoline be there ? If so, we have to park the vans out front !

The Econoline will be there if you come to my house first with your van and you push it there for me. Ha!
I've got motor issues that I'm working out right now. Maybe I can drive the Thunderbird.

Looking forward to hanging with you in the Dagger Bar Saturday!

BK

I'll be running back & forth between rooms!

Awesome, Kahuna! You'll have to come by and say hi!
And we'll see you tomorrow night, Ginger!!

J
JOHN-O posted on Fri, Nov 4, 2011 2:34 PM

Spike,

If the girls are going to be sporting their "Going Primitive" (which I missed) attire, I just may have to step out of Tikiyaki O (who I've attended 3 great performances so far this year) right after Marina. :D...

ATP and Jungle Ginger, save me a seat in the Dagger Bar. :)

John-O, I don't know what they are planning on wearing... but either way, I'm sure it'll be fine for you. Haha

AF

A few photos from Saturday night, it was rockin'!

The Hula Girls will be LIVE on the radio in Orange County and the Inland Empire on Wednesday at 6:00.

The Edge radio, KCAA 1050am. Jaime Coakley (of Waxapples fame) will be interviewing us and having us play a few tunes. Past recent interviewees have been Gabby Gaborno from The Cadillac Tramps, Rikki Rocket from Poison, and Jack Grisham from TSOL.

We can't wait! Tune in online or turn your radio on, if you're in our area.
WED • 6:00 • 1050am

um I assume that is PM?

Jeff(btd)

Nope.
BUT the show was just posponed... So disregard.

We're back! This Friday night!! Our last Don the Beachcomber gig for 2011!
12/09/11 from 9:00-midnite

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns 2011-12-07 21:12 ]

I am sitting there in the Dagger Bar, right now, waiting....thank god their's food & drink
see you Friday!

Tonight!

HT

Poor Chuck Tatum is Tiki is sitting at Don's Hoping dancers will be with The Hula Girls. Hopfully he will still be sober by friday night.

Sober? who's doing that?

Thanks for another fun night you guys!

HT

Chuck Tatum sobered up enough last night to say when are the Hula Girls going to play, sadly we had to tell them he slept through thier performance. poor Chuck

Thanks for letting me rest my head on your shoulder, Roger.

Pages: 1 44 replies