Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Small(er) scale thatch?

Pages: 1 6 replies

L
Luki posted on Fri, Sep 30, 2011 8:15 PM

Hey all,

I don't live near Oceanic Arts (and there's nothing on their website of course) so I dunno what they have, but I'm having a hard time finding thatch products that are smaller than 24" - 30" from "top to bottom".

Ideally, I'd like to find something that's about 12" or maybe as much as 15" at the very most.

Anybody know where to get something like that?

P.S. I have seen "viro" thatch (synthetic) that's smaller than the natural thatch, but it's too expensive and I really don't want fake thatch in the tiki lounge

Thanks in advance!

H

Take a look at this from Benson's:
http://www.bambooandthatchetc.com/index.php?cPath=651_653

(Polly better thank me for this... :wink: )

H

And if that doesn't do it for you, you can always just cut the bigger sized thatch to whatever size you need. It's easy to do once you flip the thatch over.

L
Luki posted on Fri, Sep 30, 2011 8:33 PM

That's perfect, thanks so much!

The reason I didn't want to cut it is because I really want that uneven thatch-y look :)

You rock!

H

Oh good!

BTW, if you do cut thatch, you flip it over and just cut the loops that weave it together. It doesn't fall apart, it just separates so you can make it any size you want. It maintains that uneven thatch-y look!

L
Luki posted on Fri, Sep 30, 2011 8:50 PM

Good to know, thanks!

There's a lot of neat stuff on that site...I think it'll be a good resource all around.

Thanks again!

T

Pages: 1 6 replies