Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Stockton Islander prints (finally) available!

Pages: 1 12 replies

T

Aloha everybody!

I've finally had prints made of the painting I did of the Stockton Islander!

These are 11x14 (for easy framing!) Giclee prints using Epson Ultrachrome professional archival inks on acid-free Somerset Velvet paper.
The paper has a nice texture that totally complements the high-quality image captured of the actual painting. The detail is fantastic! You can actually see the weave of the original canvas from the original painting in the prints, which is perfectly complemented by the texture of the paper!

The print is completed with a title, which is culled from another painting I did of a vintage Stockton Islander Menu, featuring an image of the famous Bumatay tiki that is associated with this legendary Tiki Temple.

This is an edition of only 25 prints, each signed and numbered. The prints debuted at the Forbidden Island Parking lot sale on September 25th, and I've already sold some... I've had lots or requests for prints of this painting... I hope everyone likes the final result!

The prints are 50.00, including shipping. Please PM me if you have any questions.
Paypal payments can be made to [email protected]

Mahalo fer lookin'!
Yer pal,
Eric October

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2011-10-02 09:07 ]

very nice Eric

B ee-uteefull! Tobunga, you have captured the vintage look so perfectly, this would be an amazing atmospheric addition to anyone's tiki bar.

I got one at Forbidden Island last week,(thanks Tobunga!) and it is awesome. The photos are nice but this print looks so much better in person. I'm framing mine in some real Islander bamboo.

I will ship free of charge, enough real Stockton Islander bamboo to make your own frame to the first person who buys a print and sends me a PM.

PM Sent!

DC

T

Way to go Dusty! Please show us how you framed up the print with Islander bamboo!

And mahalos Abstract for promoting my print!

Mahalos to Tiki Shark too for the kind words... I'm just trying to honor an incredible Tiki Temple now long gone!

DC the bamboo is in the mail!

I LOVE my Islander print Eric. You won't ever sell that painting so to own the print is the next best thing :)

Thanks Abstract. Been itching to frame this great print in the Islander Bamboo!

DC

Well the Islander print is in the Islander bamboo frame. A big thanks to Tobunga and Abstract for this great opportunity.

This is a really great print that looks even better in authentic Islander bamboo.

DC

You got my vote DC !

Wow that looks terrific. What history. Eric I sent you an email to claim one if available. Cheers, Wendy

Hi Eric! I just joined TikiCentral....saw this posting about our old hometwon...awesome! Hope they're selling well...I see one in my future soon. They look fantastic...brings back memories of Stockton in the 60's.
Best!
Darren Long

Pages: 1 12 replies