Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Target Hawaiian Style

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

I just returned from a trip to my local Target store and they had a whole section of Hawaiian style mugs and dishware along with pineapple string lights.

Unfortunately everything is plastic however it's all priced right. The mugs come in 3 different colors, (green, blue and pink) with a bamboo style to the outside. All colors come in either a tumbler or a handle mug. A matching ice bucket in all colors too! The ice buckets were $9.99 and the tumblers were $1.99 and $2.49 for the handled mugs. The string lights were $9.99 also, I believe. Targets photo also showed plates and glasses with a Hawaiian girl on them but I didn't see any in my store.

I just thought someone might be interested especially if you're having a Hawaiian pool party and needed/wanted plastic ware for around the pool. I bought a set but opted out of the Hawaiian paper napkins they had to go with them.

TD
Tiki D posted on Sat, Jun 7, 2003 4:37 PM
TD
Tiki D posted on Sat, Jun 7, 2003 4:39 PM

thanks tikichic-
i actually picked up some of this stuff just the other day. i got some cool hula girl lights as well as some of the cool paper napkins. looks like Hawaiiana has hit the big time.

K

what do you mean "unfortunately" it's plastic! I broke a martini glass or two everytime my tiki bar was open, and since getting a set of plastic martini "glasses" I've save a bundle! Now that's class!

They also have a great pineapple shaped chip & dip bowl.
Mervyn's is having a clearance sale and they had a bunch of cool Tiki tumblers for $1.49!

S

I've been to three Targets down here (Pasadena, Burbank and Eagle Rock) and they're pretty picked over. Not much left. They said they re-stocked every night, but that this stuff was flying off the shelves. I did get some bamboo flatware though. Woo hoo!

Plastics Benjamin...
Yeah, I was at Mervyn's and picked up one of the plastic tiki tumblers with the built in straw for my 4yr old. He's STOKED to have his own mug now.
I'm looking for a few more for the summer.

Aloha
:tiki:

S

Hit the North Hollywood store this morning and same story. Someone already raided it. Anyone know if the hollowed out coconut candles in their display were for sale?

Pages: 1 7 replies