Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

New Tiki Drinks

Pages: 1 19 replies

Whats the best tiki drink out there?

[ Edited by: xxxdavexxx 2011-10-15 20:35 ]

D

Does the book also feature random words in ALL CAPS?

Hey! You're the same guy that was busted for copyright infringement by Disney! I hope you are not infringing on other peoples hard work again.
If anyone needs clarification, google "Dave O'Neal Disney"

So Dave, did you give credit to Bum for doing all your research? Noticed you had the Nui Nui in the table of contents. Appeared that you've just repacked what others have done. And what's with the "In 5 minutes or less" in the title?

R

What happened in this thread?

What was his original post about, since it appears he edited it?

He said the following:

New Tiki Drink Recipe book on Amazon

In this book we feature the history of Tiki Drinks in America, and give you the
recipes and instructions on how to make some of the most famous, exotic,
and powerfully strong concoctions known to man!

Since this book is on Kindle, you can download to your iPhone, iPad, Kindle,
or even your home computer, so wherever you go you will have your tiki drinks with you!

Even if you don't make them yourself, hand your phone to the bartender and
sit back and enjoy my specially selected group of famously fabulous Tiki drinks!

Here are just a few famous drinks featured in the new book:

Lapu Lapu
VICIOUS VIRGIN
THREE DOTS & A DASH
Navy Grog
Missionary's downfall
Rum barrel
Doctor Funk
ZOMBIE
The Reverb Crash
151 Swizzle
Tahitian Tattoo
Voodoo Cooler

and many more!

So get set to be taken away from your ordinary life, and prepare yourself
for an escape of epic proportions!

Enjoy, and Cheers!

Take a look see:

http://www.amazon.com/Tropical-Tiki-Drinks-ebook/dp/B005VU52SY/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1318701947&sr=1-1

The original thread cache can be seen here for now:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:IVVnbQ4Lh08J:www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php%3Ftopic%3D41373%26forum%3D10%262

I took a screen grab of the cached page. You can find it here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3410260/original-post.gif

R
Rawim posted on Mon, Oct 17, 2011 3:07 PM

Boo...Hiss.....and very silly of him to think he could sneak that by this crowd, or perhaps he was expecting lesser morals.

Either way glad he was called out.

And his prompt message change does not bode well for his innocence.

Wonder if he stole from the Beachcomber book too?

A

Has anyone actually seen this book? How does everyone know he copied information from Jeff Berry's books? Recipes for all of these cocktails are easily found all over the web.

On 2011-10-17 15:29, arriano wrote:
Has anyone actually seen this book? How does everyone know he copied information from Jeff Berry's books? Recipes for all of these cocktails are easily found all over the web.

True.. I have only seen a partial copy on Amazon. The Nui Nui was rediscovered by Bum and 99.9% of the time he is footnoted in any article. Looking at the type of work this guy does and his quick edit, I felt quite confident in my assumption. I'll be the first to apologize if I'm wrong.

I was just alerted today that this guy also stole content from my blog ( A Mountain of Crushed ice)

What a motherfucker...i hope he gets his ass burnt.Stealing from other people´s hard work, nice one Xxxdavexxx !! it´ll bounce back at ya.

R
Rawim posted on Wed, Nov 9, 2011 2:45 PM

Figured as much.

I know arriano was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it was pretty clear he was cutting and pasting.

Plus the fact he changed his post so quickly after being called out was an obvious indicator he knew he had been caught.

He probably would have tried to delete the topic if he could have.

I just got word from Amazon's copyright infringement department that the eBook is no longer available for purchase on Amazon.com. Let this be a lesson to you, Dave: don't mess with the tiki community!

OK folks, the fight is not over! Dave O'Neal's book is also for sale on BarnesandNoble.com, so we need to add negative reviews there a well. Please join me in doing so: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Tropical-Tiki-Drinks/David-Oneal/e/2940013284531/. Much mahaloz!

I added a 1-star rating and a review stating that he has ripped of Jeff Berry and others. Somehow it ran afoul of the their voluminous Terms of Contract and the is being hidden. I did send a complaint the website stating my concerns. What a crappy website.

Q

Done. 1 star, with a review of two thumbs down...

Sad, really.

Both me and the Bum did write to Amazon.com and yes they have taken the book down. We have written to B&N too but i haven´t yet heard anything from them. This guy stole no less than 23 drinks recipes from the Bums books and 4 from my blog including pictures.

I really hope yall go and write negative reviews so this motherfucker (excuse my language) gets deleted, he shall no more earn fast bucks on other peoples hard work!

I`m gonna keep hunting the web for other possible web stores carrying his e-book.

Victory #2! Although I received no email from Barnes and Noble, a quick check reveals Dave O'Neal's is no longer for sale on BN.com. Thanks to everyone who pitched in and wrote negative reviews--I'm sure that helped force their hand.

I looked around for other places selling his eBook, but did not find any. Score one for the good guys!

Cheers,
Josh

Victory!! the e-book "Tropical Tiki Drinks" with stolen recipes and pictures from the Bums books, my blog and probably some other peoples work as well is now taken down from both Amazon.com and Barnes and Nobles! I wanna thank everybody who pitched in with negative reviews, mail-alerts etc about this e-book. This guy shall no longer earn money on our hard work, cheers to that peeps!

Q

Good deal!

Sounds like a few tropical drinks are in order... Cheers!

I second that. And I've got some recipes I can't wait to try that I found in this great book of tiki drinks I downloaded from Barnes and Noble!

Pages: 1 19 replies