Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

coming soon, archivally mounted uv coated framed prints of my photos from Beachbum Berry Remixed

Pages: 1 3 replies

Been absent for some time, but wanted to pop in with a heads up. I am going to be making mounted framed prints of my photos, alt photos, and cutout images with alternative backgrounds, from Beachbum Berry's Remixed. These prints will be ready to hang, featuring various different home made frame styles. This will be a slow process of production due to time involved mounting and coating and framing, and because of work schedule, but really having fun doin these and already working on the next edition.
Here is a preview of the first few i made, alternate versions of the Whitecap/Dharma Bum image on pg. 188 (this print features the Whitecap alone). This image features the cocktail and bowl of spices that comprise the flavor of the cocktails set against a painting backdrop i inked utilizing imagery from the three August Holland tiki paintings/prints, shot on a mirror to hopefully emote the feeling of one of his paintings.
Future editions of the other images will be larger.
I currently have these up at my resident spot at the Hive Gallery, but will be making the rest of this small starter edition of three (each size) available soon. Sorry for the shoddy pic, will get some better soon, but the color on these are truly rich. Hope you dig em! If you have questions or requests in the meantime please feel free to contact me at [email protected].

p.s. I also plan to do some new originals not connected to the book, but with some dramatic setups

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2011-10-16 10:27 ]

Great idea, Cass! As a fellow diorama fan, I felt your work for Jeff's book went generally under-appreciated, as all the cocktail freaks fell over backwards figuring out WHAT ingredients had been modified in what drinks, etc.

Meanwhile, little notice was paid to the fact that this was Jeff's strongest book VISUALLY - and that your photos had a lot do with that.

L
Luki posted on Sun, Oct 16, 2011 4:03 PM

They sure do look cool!

I'm in!

Pages: 1 3 replies