Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

JOHN-O's Highbrow/Lowbrow DTLA Bar Crawl - 11/12 (Pics pg 5)

Pages: 1 2 80 replies

. . . 36 hours and 6 minutes . . .

Okay, so assuming I'm mobile on Sunday (will be on Monday, but that depends on Sunday) what tiki places should I visit in the LA area? Any thoughts or suggestions?

J

TONGA !!

TONGA !!

TONGA !!...

HUT

:)

HT

JOHN-O downtown tour bus will be pulling up to start the downtown TIKI tour at 6 PM sharp at The RUM Bar LA.

^^ The Tonga Hut, but of course! Color me there on Sunday! Thanks John O! Nice tour bus btw!

You Guy's have a great crawl, we will be doing the same in Palm Springs, Cheers!

Tomorrow...Tomorrow..Tomorrow..WooHoo! :)

On 2011-11-11 09:49, JOHN-O wrote:
TONGA !!

TONGA !!

TONGA !!...

HUT

:)

Is that code for Pre-Crawl Party at 4:00?

DC

All right, THE DAY IS UPON US.

Let's do this thing.

Counting down the hours! Can't wait to see everyone.

We will be there. The rain may delay us a few minutes but we will be there.

J

Another successful crawl !! Thanks everyone for coming out.

Also I'm glad we made it to Hank's Bar otherwise there would have been no "lowbrow" in the crawl. :)

I hope everyone made it safely home.

CJ

Oh my head ...

John-O is the Pied Piper of Tiki! What a great thing to see all of you happy crawlers pour into Trader Vic's last night. Nick, Jonpaul and I only wish we had been done with the magazine meeting, so we could have joined you in a drink. (We were still SO far behind with our business when you arrived!) So, we hope you understood that we had to move to a quieter part of the restaurant so we could finish up.
John-0, keep me on the list because I really want to go on one of your crawls! Everyone looked like they were having a fantastic time!

Aloha from Kari!

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to John-O for organizing Another Tiki-rrific Crawl. It was so much fun to spend the evening with old friends and making lots of new friends to.

John-O; you are the "host with the most" CeCe and I had a blast!
mucho thanks

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2011-11-13 15:29 ]

TT
TT

I'll post some pics soon...

Another awesome John-O productions crawl. The drinks were great at Cana and it was a scene taking over the back room at Trader Vic's.

Tonga Tom, great group shot. One of those classic moments on the crawl - stopping the pedestrian traffic at LA Live to wait for the camera timer to go off!

Look forward to the next one.

DC

J

I'm glad everyone had a great Tiki time.

Also I forgot to grab a copy of the custom drink menu that Cana put together for us. Can someone post an image of that?

Also thank you to Cana for giving all of the attendees a free 1-year membership. :)

thanks again John-O
/Users/cemunoz1/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Nov 14, 2011/DSC00491.JPG
/Users/cemunoz1/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Nov 14, 2011/DSC00501.JPG
/Users/cemunoz1/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Nov 14, 2011/DSC00502.JPG
if the pix of canas special drink menu don't show with this reply i'll ask tikivato to forward em for me.

AF

Thank you JOHN-O!!! Had a great time and way too much rum...man, was it good!

Thanks JOHN-O!
That crawl was a lot of fun.
For some reason, the beautiful bar at Cana inspired me to have 4 of their zombies... and yet I made it through the rest of the night. So, well done, sir -- a good time indeed.

On 2011-11-14 15:28, A frame wrote:
Thank you JOHN-O!!! Had a great time and way too much rum...man, was it good!

As A-Frame's wing man for the night, I can attest to that. After making it through three stops on the crawl, A-Frame decides that stop #4 should be at the Tiki Ti to finish off his personal stash of Dagger Rum!

On 2011-11-15 15:33, Capt. R.H. Falernum wrote:
Thanks JOHN-O!
That crawl was a lot of fun.
For some reason, the beautiful bar at Cana inspired me to have 4 of their zombies... and yet I made it through the rest of the night. So, well done, sir -- a good time indeed.

Soooooo, that explains the funny walk from Trader Vic's to the Figueroa!!

More pics please.

DC

T
TNT posted on Wed, Nov 16, 2011 1:14 PM

Thank you John-O for making this happen - we had a blast. I'm sorry I missed the last stop at Hank's - I really wanted to go, but was too pooped out.
When is the next one?
teresa

T
TNT posted on Wed, Nov 16, 2011 1:15 PM

Thank you John-O for making this happen - we had a blast. I'm sorry I missed the last stop at Hank's - I really wanted to go, but was too pooped out.
When is the next one?
teresa

RAZZ that we couldn't make it! Glad it looked like a FAB time...love your jacket, John-O!

Here's some pics from the crawl...Finally!

Thanks Tom! It's all starting to come back to me now :o)

now that's the stuff...

J

Ritchie, Potsie, and Ralph Malph ditching their Aloha wear for black leather...

The Fonz would approve !!

Aaayh

:D

TT

Here's some of the late night debauchery from the last two drinking spots...

"Sabu The Coconut Boy!"

"Yes?"

These two were playing some sort of German smoking game, and Sherriyaki & The Capt. were cheering them on.

Microscopic Martini Madness!

Fourth and final destination...

"The name is O..."

"...John O"

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

Pleasant dreams...

Pages: 1 2 80 replies