Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Big Kahuna Conquers The West Part Deux

Pages: 1 21 replies

Hello, Vegas & SoCal Ohana. I will be in Vegas from Sunday night October 30 til Wednesday morning, November 2. I will prolly be at Frankie's Monday & Tuesday nights.
I will then be in SoCal from Wednesday afternoon til Sunday, November 6. If anyone has any bright ideas for places to visit or wants to meet up, please let me know. I'd like to see as many of you as possible.
Mahalo,
Rick

You will be at Don's for the Tikiyaki Orchestra show, Kahuna?

On 2011-10-20 22:09, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
You will be at Don's for the Tikiyaki Orchestra show, Kahuna?

Oh yeah!

See you there!

T

Aloha Big Kahuna!

You should plan a trip to So. Cal's latest bit of tiki paradise, Trader Sam's, at the Disneyland Hotel! (you don't even need to buy a ticket to the happiest place on earth to visit!)

And of course, stop by Tonga Hut while yer in town!

J

A car guy like you might be interested in the Peterson Automotive Museum...

http://www.petersen.org/

It's about 5 miles from Tiki-Ti and 2 miles from the Beverly Hills TV Lounge.

Cocktails around 6pm on Saturday ?? Dude, you're buying. :)

J

Also you're supposed to post stuff like this in Tiki Travel NOT the General Forum.

Let's keep Tiki Central organized !!

JOHN-O:
Cocktails @ 6:00 where? What time is Tikiyaki? Yes, I'm buying!
Feel free to move this thread bighshot! :lol:

J

Ooops, Tikiyaki is THAT Sat (and I have tix).

You can buy the drinks in the Dagger Bar. :)

Eric,
Thanks for that info. I thought you had to buy a ticket to the park to get in there.

T

BK, please be sure to go to the Rumpus Room on Wednesday. I'll be rehearsing for the big show, but I'm usually there before until
About 6. Contact Kirby on here.

Jim, I'm definitely going to Rumpus room, but I'm not sure what time I'll get there. I get to LAX at 3:00.

37 degrees & dropping with wet snow before midnight! GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!

We have a couple of auto museums in Ventura County that you may want to check out sometime. Going to the SEMA show in Vegas?

http://murphyautomuseum.org/

http://www.mullinautomotivemuseum.com/

Thanks, Bongo. Those look great. yes, I am going to SEMA.
Oh, and just for the record, they're calling for 5-8" of snow Saturday into Sunday. It's freakin' October!!!!!

BK

WOW! Another great trip. I'm getting ready to head to the airport for that long, crappy flight home. Once again, the California Ohana treated me like a king. I can't thank you all enough for your hospitality. I'll post more by weeks end, hopefully. I can't wait to come back. Thank you all so much!
Mahalo,
Rick

Great to see you out on the "Crazy Coast" Rick, really hope you had a great time
and look forward to meeting the Mrs next trip!

Stay warm in Boston, Buddy.

WooHooo! It's was so nice to meet you. Come back and visit Cali soon!!!

BK

Finally, some pics. First stop, Frankie's:

More exciting details to follow. I got a new laptop for my birthday, January 9. Damn! I missed being born on Elvis' birthday by 1:17! Anyway, the new computer allows me to download pics from my new camera, so look out, I've been hoarding pics!

Per JOHN-O's recommendation, we had dinner at The Golden Steer. Great Rat-Pack atmosphere, killer steaks & a smokon'-hot hostess. A bit pricey, but worth it. Taco-Bell, In-n-Out & the buffet at The Orleans were getting old. I'll definitely go back.

Wednesday morning, we tried to find the Aku Aku moai in Sunset Park, but they were digging the place up & we couldn't seem to locate it. Besides, I had to get to the airport for my flight to L.A. Rumpus Room, here I come!

Aaaah, the Golden Steer! One of the last classic time warp places in Las Vegas! Here are some photos I took for Pete Moruzzi's next book project:

That wasn't my hostess! I should have taken some interior shots, but the place was pretty busy & I didn't want to look too creepy!

Pages: 1 21 replies