Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

SAVE THE DATE Hau Kea 2012! (Ski Trip!!) Feb 25th-26th 2012 Snow Valley!

Pages: 1 8 replies

I

We have a date! More info to come! This year it will be held at Snow Valley, near Running Springs, Ca.

[ Edited by: IKABOD 2011-10-28 11:37 ]

I

I should have the ticket portal ready by the middle of next month. But here is the Poster to get things going. Snow is coming!

I

So for the dates of So February 25th and 26th, who will be joining. I would like to get a head count for the special lift ticket prices. If I can have that by the end of January 2012 I can then give the hill a more accurate idea. Depending on how many go the rate falls to $40/day lift ticket. There are options for lift ticket and equipment packages as well. So if anyone is interested time to sound off, send me a person message.

NOTICE
Also keep in mind I am very particular of the weather. Unlike other events around the joint weather plays a key role in this trip. The season so far has sucked. I really don't have a tiki god to consult regarding snow (unless I'm missing the Polynesian deity of ice?). I'm hopeful for a snow downfall with biblical proportions. We sure do need it.

I

Alright. I got the ticket prices for this little trip. Now this is based on 15 people. Normal lift tickets price is $54 for the day. Unless we get at least 14 people up there it will all fall apart! Which will mean the normal lift ticket price. So the more that go the better the rate.

Tickets pricing (this included an evening ski upgrade):
Adult $35.00
Teen $25.00
Child $10.00

"Hey but Ikabod I dont know how to Ski or Snowboard!"
NONSENSE! Learn!
Lift ticket, equipment, AND LESSON: $55.00 (normal price $85.00)
4-6 year olds : $85.00
7-11 year olds : $75.00

If you have any questions let me know. For now, before I get my paypal option open. I will ask again as to who is interested? If we get enough interest and valid commitments I will get ticket sales started on the 10th of Febuary (next month). Otherwise we will try again next year.

I will be updating the ski report here frequently. So check in for updates on the weather.

Maholo

Ikabod

I

Snow fall with the current system is above 9000 feet. UGH!!!

CA

let it snow let it snow let it snow..... but will it stick 80 some degrees in the valleys Wed??????

More bowing to idols needed.....

till then i think of this.......

I

According to bensweather.com. The temps will be in the low 20's to the highs in the 50's. With no natural snow fall. Through the 29th.

Bowing indeed!

CA

turns out i my not be around for this event, but if i am, i need to be watching fire-eating madness back at the beach by 9PM on the 25th

I

Well the weather has not cooperated as I would have hoped. I'm calling this event as canceled. Going to have to try again next year.

Pages: 1 8 replies