Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Bow down before the awesome power...

Pages: 1 22 replies

H

...of my new handbag.

Surrender to its siren song...

Submit yourself to its authority...

It needs some carving on it... What do I know?

Wow!
I need one of those too, especially if it comes with 20's and credit cards like yours did!

B
Boob posted on Sun, Jun 8, 2003 10:27 PM

quantos deniros? (ya, Deniro! like the actor!!)

T

I think my Saint Bernard had one of those tied around his neck filled with booze!

Yeah, it needs a spigot too.

B

The Log Lady of Twin Peaks would be quite jealous.

T

That is so cool!!! (bowing and salutations)...

T

Brilliant... it's... so... amaz....

I am speechless in the face of your handbag.

I too have submitted to it's power...

E
Erika posted on Mon, Jun 9, 2003 2:46 PM

What makes it great is the little bamboo feet.

Where did you find it, Humuhumu?

H

That's what's really weird -- I found it in a little frame shop right down the street from my apartment. I was grabbing a sandwich before heading down to Portland for the opening of Castaway Cove, when I walk right past, and my bamboodar goes off. There it was, sitting in the shop window. $36. On my roadtrip, I picked up a cute little handbag with bamboo handles, but a purse made totally out of bamboo trumps it bigtime.

Re: carving -- that's a great idea! I may buy a second one to have someone carve. Does bamboo carve very well, though? I would think that the grain would make it just splinter. If nothing else, maybe I can stain a tiki design in a darker color.

B

Huma once it has dried and cured, it is very difficult to carve but Can be done with Power tools.Nothing very deep or creative, just an outline shape of a tiki.
It is Really a nice purse and I don't see anything wrong with a classy paintjob such as Sam Gambino could do with pinstripes.

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-07-16 15:47 ]

TB

Yeah, that purse definitely does not suck. Very very very cool. My better half RocknRollGirl will be green with envy if she sees this post! I don't suppose there's any chance you could disclose the location where you purchased that little treasure?

B

Wait. I Have Bamboo. I have a Band Saw. I can Make things. I can Carve things on the things I have Made. I can put finish on things I make and carve on. I could do that.
I am Benzart

Benzart...are you sure you're not gettin' in over yer head on this one???

M
Moki posted on Fri, Jul 16, 2004 10:17 PM

Ben,
If you find the time to actually make a bamboo purse, I'd love one!
:drink:

There you go Ben... get to it... you'd make a killing selling to the wahines at the Hukilau!
I for one would like some 'boo in that dimension about 6 foot long or so... would look great in the tiki bar!

On 2004-07-16 21:29, Benzart wrote:
I am Benzart

Bow down before the awesome power...
of Benzart!

T

Humu, was just thinking you should get Flounder to paint your purse and make it a truly unique one of a kind.

B

I guess it looks like I have been Challenged!

*On 2004-07-16 23:06, Lake Surfer wrote:There you go Ben... get to it... you'd make a killing selling to the wahines at the Hukilau!
Cr
p. And here I was, trying to save for a house. But, The Purse of Power, The Hellacious Handbag, The Bodacious Bag, it - it - it calls me.

(I won't wear it to events where I know you'll be, Humuhumu, I promise! Unless we wanted to do a photo-shoot with our Trader Vic's pj's avec purses, featuring about half the girls there, if Benzart can satisfy our purse-lust.)

B

well it looks like I may be able to make a few of these. A Little different they will be but the same basic deal. If I can get more Bamboo since they take 3 sections which is a lot. The first 2 are spoken for and if I can make them and more, they will be waiting at HukiLau.
How much are these things worth by the way?
I guess I better find out before I make them up.
Is it worth it???

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-07-18 11:47 ]

B

OK OK OK Here is the first Bambeau Bagget. I had to use what I could fing and use stull local and on hand, These will be bags you canfreely embellisk Any Way your little heart desiris. There are 2 coats of lacquer and 2 coats of Shellac under that as a base coat. Thisone gor=es to Gecko because he twisted my arm. Moki is on the list at # 11.
Let me know what the going rate is on these so I can defermine if I will even do any more. I have 15$ in hardware and finishing supplies I worked on it late last night and all day today.
Here it is

let me know if you like

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-07-18 23:13 ]

Pages: 1 22 replies