Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

My Tikis ... Not Just T-shirts

Pages: 1 7 replies

I have been hanging around here at Tiki Central for awhile now trying to learn a bit about designing Tikis. I had never planed on trying to market my stuff here, but I have noticed that folks here at the forum have been visiting my T-shirt site. (I use statcounter which lets me know stuff like that) From seeing where on my site people land I get the feeling that most who have visited think I design only T-shirts. I thought I would post several of my products to give folks an idea of what I have learned and the products I use my designs on.

Here is a T-shirt design which I created before I learned some stuff from the artist here.

This is how it looks on a Tee .....

These are still clothing designs. I think they are a little closer to looking like real Tikis.

First I have many other T-shirt designs. I was getting better this one ....

I even have some pajamas ....

There are some nice lady stuff .....

This is one my later Tiki images. I think I'm getting closer. How about an apron?

I have created some of my images with backgrounds at the suggestion of MadDogMike. I thought some of them might look good framed. So here is a framed art piece ......

I also put this on some greating cards ....

I have put a number of my designs on Tiki Bar stuff. I know most of you prefer ceramic mugs, but these are kind different items. First a beer can cozy. (more like a heavy duty cooler) ...

Here is a shot glass with my monkey man Tiki....

Getting tired of your Smurf drinking glasses? How about a funky Tiki?

It's not a Tiki mug, but it is a morning after coffee cup ....

I guess that is enough of a taste of what I have. If you would like to see more you can visit the Tiki section of my Cafe Press shop at: http://www.cafepress.com/cidgraphics/7877631 (Captured Image Design)

Feel free to let me know how crappy you think my stuff is .... I'm here to learn .....

Greeting cards, that a cool idea - I'll have to check those out Gene. The monkey tiki is cute.

I like everything that you have made. Wendy

Thanks for taking a look Mike and Wendy .... Mike mentioned he liked the greating card idea. You both could start taking photos of your work and make greating cards yourselves. Much of your clay work could make great images in lots of other artwork. So sharp images with maybe a little Photoshop tweaking would really look cool. Just an idea, you both make such imaginative work which could be great as flat designs as well. ..... Gene

After suggesting to Mike and Wendy to photo their work I remembered a design of mine that I made just that way quite awhile ago. This is a very old clay sculpture of mine that I turned into a T-shirt design. Not really Tiki but, it is from a long time ago. It is kinda blurry because I just blew up the icon from my store ........

Pages: 1 7 replies