Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Creative Ebay Descriptions...My Shameless Plug.

Pages: 1 6 replies

I'm selling a few of my items and plan to put a couple baby shirts on yet, but if you have nothing better to do, please check out my ebay items and their creative descriptions.
I know we had talked about the "Shag" usage months ago, but I went for it on one item.
I like the idea of a "haunted" tiki item. Kinda like a ghost in a jar.

Throw any rude comments or criticisms my way. I'll listen to 'em.

Oh yeah, it might help if I put in the link...
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=acts26vs8%40aol.com&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

[ Edited by: the75stingray on 2003-06-08 21:40 ]

S

Very interesting that "haunted" & "Shag style" are your only 2 auctions with bids so far...

Thanks SullTiki. Earlier, no one had bid on them.
I joked months ago about an experiment that you could put "Shag" on an item and not put it on the same item, at the same times and the Shag one would sell.

And, really, as much as I dislike people using the Shag name just to get some attention, but the frame really does kinda have that look. That's why I bought it. I was disappointed with the picture...it scanned much nicer than the Ebay shows. Don't know what went wrong there. All of them scanned better.

But thank you for the reply. I feel better now.
:sheckymug:

75 -
I use the "Shag" name on my auction descriptions. I think it just attracts more looks. When I first started looking things up on Ebay I noticed people would throw every term in a title. IE: Rockabilly - shag - retro- goth-...blah blah blah..I hated it cause the item had nothing to do with one or more of the descriptions. But now I realize why people do that. And I hate to admit it.. but it does work..Hmmm

Bump.

(Getting a little nervous...)

M

Here's a really creative description. This seller has got skills, I mean this description SELLS the mug. It's fabulous. I tell ya, it's wordplay of the highest order.

queenlester, don't create, simply misappropriate!

Oh, I thought it looked familiar.

At least these tools could change a word, A WORD, nope!

Then again, at least this auction is not running the same time as mine. That has happened.

And no, it's not the best flattery....
midnite

M

Hey, did I just post about this a few days ago? Why yes, I did. I know, why don't these sellers just start a Napster for my descriptions, make it easier for the tools.

Just copy it, it's cool.

This sweetheart is a power seller. Maybe they'd know a few rules about stealing other seller's IP then, maybe?

Need Latitude 20 description, where do I look?

Number three coming up?
midnite

Pages: 1 6 replies