Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Von Franco One and only Taboo Tiki Chopper is for sale

Pages: 1 9 replies

I'm kind of a lurker here but decided to sign up and post. It's been brought to my attention that the one and only Von Franco Taboo Tiki Chopper is currently for sale. It was originally built back in 2003 or 2004 by Flyrite Choppers in Austin Texas and designed and hand painted by Von Franco.

The current owner is selling it!

Here's the info...
I hate to have to do this, but this isn't doing me any good just sitting in storage.. I love this chopper, but it's time to let her go to a new home. And for the world to see her again.. This is the one and only Taboo Tiki chopper built. Von Franco and Flyrite Choppers, got together on this amazing build.. And it's truly a great piece to own. And if your big into tiki as I am, you can understand why I hate to let go of her..

I'm asking $4500.00 obo for her.. She just needs a motor and trans.. and she's road ready..

Thank you

The owner is David Martinez the owner of Martinez Industries Co. The contact information I have for him is an email. [email protected]

This is such a cool Von Franco piece... figured someone on this board might be interested. I've attached photos from the owners Facebook page with permission.

[ Edited by: HotRodHulaGirl 2012-02-12 12:26 ]

Just a heads up I spoke to the owner and the bike is still for sale!

Just in case anyone is interested the guy who was buying the chopper changed his mind. If anyone is interested its back on the market!!

Oh and I forgot to add the price has been dropped to $4500 obo

The owner is still having a tough time selling this! I can't imagine why. Seriously its a one of a kind piece of art... The price is down to $3,500 obo. He has to sell it before he moves...

HT

What city/state is this located in?

Its in Gardena California...

So it does not have an engine?, Looks like the old one is an EVO
Looks like the primary cover & mounts are for an EVO 1340cc

So it will need a new motor, tranny & electrics from what I can tell
that's a min. of around 6 grand to get her road ready, If anyone is wondering.

Thank you so very much for your input Atomic Tiki Punk, yes sometimes the engines/trans can be that much, however there are some amazing deals going on out there right now for even less due to the terrible economy. Just the other day I saw a setup like that on Craigslist for about $2k.

At this point the owner is looking to wheel and deal since he is moving in less than two weeks and doesn't want to take a chance with the original Von Franco paint job being harmed.

The chopper has been sold! Its going to a Von Franco fan in Ohio! His plans are to restore it and start showing it!

Pages: 1 9 replies