Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

New Tiny Tiki painting.

Pages: 1 24 replies

Just had a lot of fun painting this tiny tiki. Maybe there will be more to come.
Hope you all enjoy.

U
umeone posted on Thu, Nov 3, 2011 6:00 AM

Aloha nicholauslee, Your little Tiki is adorable, I've been on a miniature kick myself! :lol:

Thanks umeone, I liked it too. It's no masterpiece, but it's still fun. :)

I REALLY like your tiny Tiki painting. But then I am a miniaturist also, so I like many tiny things.
~kele

Good stuff. Thank you. Please show more as you do them. Miniatures are especially cool as a bunch do not take up much room. Paint on!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Finally got around to doing another one.

neato! it IS fun painting tiny tikis, more please!

U

Awe I love him, such sad eyes, great job and yes, more please!

These are beautiful and I love the whole idea. You could have a gallery worth of work in a small area of your house. Great job and thanks for sharing your work.

I like him! What are his dimensions?

Thanks again everyone.
The first little guy is 2" x 2".
The second one is 2 3/4" x 2 3/4".

Hopefully I'll get a chance to do some more here real soon.
However, working retail at the holidays is always painfully hectic.

very nice little guys, I especially like the second one with the background design. I have worked retail during the holidays...I feel your pain and hope you get some time to create. :)

Just wrapped up another one.

U

You're paintings are delightful and love the hibiscus too! You are revealing more of the tiki with each painting, are you coming out of your shell? :lol: Great job!

I agree with umeone, each painting is better than the last! Nice job!

Thanks again everyone for all the kind words. I'm having a blast making these little guys.
Here's another 2.75" x 2.75"

finished yet another 2.75" x 2.75" little fella. little more detail this time.

Gorgeous!
~kele

I really dig the last two... they just keep getting better and better. Very cool stuff.

It's been a bit of a break, but I finally did another tiki painting. Now I just have to get better again.

BT

They're all pretty cool but I really like that yellow and red one.

Great stuff! I enjoy doing the littler ones myself...after all, most of our wall space is mugs, right?
:lol:

Keep up the great work!
~Zero

Just finally got another one done, been trying to work on it for a while.

C

I really dig the color mixtures & shades on the last one. Great job! I hope I can get that good on my shirts someday. :)

Thanks clintiki, I appreciate the compliment.

Just thought I'd let everyone know, I just got a website up today (www.nicholauslee.com).
It's pretty simple and plain still, but I'll be working on it over the next few days to add more work and details, including prices on the paintings that I have. So if any of you are interested in owning any of these little tiki paintings, you should scoot on over there and get in contact with me about them.

Pages: 1 24 replies