Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Shopping Las Vegas

Pages: 1 6 replies

W

Here's what I found this past week...

The Bonanza Gift Shop (the "WORLD's LARGEST GIFT SHOP" place) at 2460 Las Vegas Blvd S (kitty corner from the Sahara) had a big pile of Tiki and Hawaiian stuff including various Accoutrement things, a Tiki shaped backpack for $30 (probabaly meant for kids but I'm sure many of you could pull it off), and a nice mug by American Gift Corportation in three different glazes, $5 each (the"Las Vegas Nevada" stamp on the base can be carefully sanded off).

Hilo Hattie in the Aladdin's Desert Passage mall had a large Tiki display. Lots of those wood looking Hawaiian souvenir Tikis in many sizes, t-shirts, Accoutrement mugs, some large cartoonish Tiki mugs with handles, and the Tiki Farms "Suffering Bastard" shot glass. They also had 3 of Tiki Farm's Sven-Tiki mug, $10 each. I hadn't seen the mug in person before and was so impressed I bought two. They have lots of Aloha shirts, of course, and everything else Hawaiian. There's more Aloha shirts, cheap ukes, and other Hawaii souvenir type stuff at the ABC Store, also in Desert Passage (the coconut monkeys are cheaper at Hilo Hatie).

The Red Rooster Antique Mall at 307 W Charelston Blvd is a huge, sprawling, jam packed place. No deals or even good prices but one dealer has a room way in the back crammed full of Tiki stuff including Tiki Farms mugs, vintage mugs (all at top dollar price), Tiki Bosko carvings, cast concrete Tikis, and decanter sized carved wood Suffering Bastards ($65).

M

You should check out Cheesburger at the Oasis in the Aladdin. They've got a tasty selection of Avanti Hawaiian Shirts....best 1940's/1950's repros in the biz. Plus you can have a Mai Tai while you shop!

Matt

Cheesburger will give you Mai Tais to go too! We cruzed that mall with 32oz. Mai Tais during Mondo week.

Whats Mondo week? Is that a vegas thing? Never heard of it..do tell

M

Mondo Tiki was an event held at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas over the Easter Holiday. It featured lots of cool artists, performers and of course lots of Tiki for sale.

Matt

MonkeyPaw wrote:
Whats Mondo week? Is that a vegas thing Never heard of it..do tell

Mondo

Modno

Moond

Monod

Mdoon

Moodn

Mnood

The Handy Dandy Search Feature

M
Mattio posted on Mon, Jun 9, 2003 5:22 PM

Go Red Rooster! My Mom has a space down there :P

I know of the space you speak of, the only thing I don't like is most of his stuff is all new.I've got like 2 or 3 old mugs from him. The dealer in the huge room right next to him, sometimes has vintage mugs at a reasonable price.

[ Edited by: Mattio on 2003-06-09 17:29 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies