Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Tanduay 1854

Pages: 1 9 replies

W

Currently I'm at a bar on the Subic Bay, Philippines waterfront sampling a bottle of Tanduay 1854 15 year aged rum that my friend bought for $6 USD here. (Thank you extremely lopsided exchange rate) and I have to say it's smooth by itself, like all Tanduay is, very sippable but also good mixed into a Cuba Libre or any other mixed libation. I highly recommend it.

Q
Q-tiki posted on Tue, Nov 8, 2011 9:47 AM

How many bottles can you bring or send back to the states??

:)

I love that stuff, but when the bottle's empty, can't buy a replacement til somebody travels halfway around the world!

why on earth ain't it exported to the US?

W

I can't bring any back I'm afraid, I'm here in the Philippines courtesy of a U.S. Navy submarine tender that has no liquor locker. That means I have to finish the bottle, which I almost did the other night, God that stuff goes down good.

Q

Well, too bad you can't bring any back!

Enjoy the rest of the bottle. Cheers!!

W

We still haven't finished off the bottle due to this Johnny Walker Blue Label my friend just had to buy that needed some finishing. You'd be surprised at the booze prices in this country. A bottle of beer costs less than a bottle of water or can of soda.

I still don't know why San Miguel tastes better over there than here...

W

Probably because the brewey is just two provinces over, vice a long ocean voyage away. I used to live on an extremely remote island and everything except fresh fruits & vegetabls was shipped to us via cargo ship and that right there adds a special taste to everything.

2 years ago, I sent back a few cases of the 1854 from PI. Every summer, a bottle, magically vanishes from the cache as I chat with one of my service buddies about our times in the Philippines. But beyond the nostalgia, it's a fine rum, IMO.

[ Edited by: bewarethe151 2011-11-17 17:22 ]

[ Edited by: bewarethe151 2011-11-17 17:23 ]

In a lazy mood last night, in a hurry to sit down with a drink and watch a movie at home. Tanduay Silver and diet coke was my choice. WOW, quite a surprise how good it was. Suprisingly tasty. If you have it, test it and see how you like it.

There are four Tanduay threads here on TC. Should I post this to all four and cover all bases? I think so! :)

Pages: 1 9 replies