Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Flagler Spirits Rum – Palm Coast, FL

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

While getting stocked for a forthcoming party at our home tiki bar in Flagler Beach, I stumbled on artisan rum made right here in Flagler County at Palm Coast. Currently, it’s only available as a white 80-proof rum bottled as Flagler Spirits Pirate Pete Rum (photo below). It’s made from molasses supplied from Belle Glade, Florida.

Jimmy Day, the micro distillery owner, told me that he plans to produce gold rum early in 2012. He was a very pleasant gentleman to speak with, and he invited me to drop by the distillery for a tour. I’ll be taking him up on that offer soon. Here’s a background article on Jimmy and his family history in making spirits, only recently going legal...

http://www.palmcoastobserver.com/news/palm-coast/Business/03312011733/Jimmy-Day-spirit-conjuror

I love this label (“Spirit Conjurors & Alchemists”)...

For those coming to our December 3 party, we’ll have some of this to sample.

-Tom

I've seen this out here in Total Wine stores. Let us know how it tastes.

T

Porpoise, we'll give you feedback here on the Flagler Spirits product. TikiHardBop, our local professional mixologist, will be partaking, so we'll have a full range of impressions.

-Tom

S

Why are there are two different labels if at the moment they only make the one white 80 proof? Just wondering.

T

Aloha, swizzle!

Jimmy Day, the distillery owner, indicated that they just came out with a new label (presume it's the one on the right). His photo showed both. I'm going to acquire some later today at the local discount liquor store, so I'll capture what's currently on the shelf.

-Tom

T

Dropped by the local liquor store and picked up two of the three products made by Flagler Spirits, rum and whiskey. The vodka stock had been depleted.

The rum label uses the old Spanish fort at Saint Augustine, Castillo de San Marcos, as a setting...

Here's the whiskey...

Sharps Discount Liquors at SR 100 & I-95, where I got this, has an impressive selection of rums. They just added El Dorado 15 Year Old Special Reserve to that selection.

-Tom

Pages: 1 5 replies