Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Linda Sapp Long Pottery and Finished Stuff

Pages: 1 6 replies

U

Aloha,
I understand that my finished works are to be shown on this thread, so here we go! :D
This is a 3 sided Kahiki oil lamp that I first made when getting back into pottery in 2007. The shade I covered with some Tapa that was used at the Kahiki, my brother had given it to me years ago.
This is my version of the original oil lamps that my Mother made.

The S&P Moai

Zombie Mug

Oops, I need to take some more pictures, be right back.
Mahalo,
Linda

U

OK, most of you know my story but, for those of you that don't; My Father, Bill Sapp and his partner, Lee Henry were the originators of The Kahiki Supper Club, which opened it's doors in Columbus, Ohio in Feb. of 1961. The Kahiki was a massive restaurant that absolutely oozed the Polynesian ambiance. A major player in the Tiki themed restaurants of the 1960's. My Mother, Marcy Sapp designed several of the tableware objects used in it early days and up to the late 70's when The Kahiki was sold. My Mother designed the Oil Lamps, the Ashtrays, and several of the Mugs that were used for Special Cocktails. Her designs were made into molds that were used to produce these objects in the basement of The Kahiki.

Sadly, The Kahiki was sold and torn down in 2000, for a Walgreen's. This hideous act was further insulting by the Owner promising to rebuild The Kahiki at a downtown location. The only thing they built was a factory that produces frozen foods using The Kahiki name. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Fortunately for us our friend TikiSkip saved, purchased and documented every aspect of The Kahiki that he could. That's when my husband, Craig and me started collecting as much as we could to preserve what we could for our Children and Grandchildren.

This is my version of the Zombie Mug used, with the help of people on TC, I use 2G for second generation on the bottom of the mugs that my Mother originally designed. On other pieces of my Pottery I sign with LSL and the year of it's creation. I've made 12 of these mugs but, will only post the Mugs in our collection, respecting the other owners privacy and choice as to posting pictures.

Thanks for stopping by! :)
Mahalo,
Linda

U

This Mug is designed after my Mothers Kahiki Oil Lamp. I used the basis of the lamp to make a Mug and added the Tapa design to the back of the Mug.
Kahiki Lamp Mug;

This was my first attempt at a Mystery Bowl. If we get another dog, I am going to give it to her/him; :D

This is a Mug I created from the foot of the Mystery Bowl. I call it Kahiki Footmen; Sorry it's so dark, gray day in Ohio;

This is a free form bowl I made but, cracked in the firing;

These are Planters I made with the Red Low Fire Clay;

This is M.I.A Tiki Dog. She is based on our Dog Mia that passed in Feb.;

This is Mele Kalikimaka Island, he is one of my Island Series;

Kahiki Zombie Mug Island;

Happy Hour Tiki Island

Miniature Tiki Mug Island;

Miniature Kahiki Lamp or Hammock Island;

This bowl I had intended it to go to Empty Bowls Fundraiser in SC but I didn't get it done in time;

New Mug design for me, Kahiki Moai;

Thank you for stopping by to look at my Gallery. I've got some great pieces in the works which you can check out in Creating Tiki / other crafts.

Mahalo,
Linda

U

Aloha,

I've got a couple finished pieces, this week.

Mr. Richard Head, Cocktail Shaker;

And Santa Mug;

Thanks for stopping by!

Mahalo,
Linda

Hi Linda, this was so much fun to see. I want to be your 2nd dog and get that bowl. Golden balls now that's a first on Tiki Central. Keep up all the good work, Wendy

U

Thanks Wendy! I am all about spoiling the Dog, can't wait for another one to find me! :lol:

HJ

Tres' artful! Liking all the varied textures and colours.

Pages: 1 6 replies