Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

40-year Anniversary Limited-Edition Tiki-Room Watches at Disneyland.

Pages: 1 3 replies

Last night, Tikibelle and I were enjoying a relaxing evening out at Disneyland. We stopped in at the New Century Timepieces store on Main Street to watch artist Eric Scales working at his light-table on some new watch-face artwork. On a nearby display-case was a small placard announcing a limited-edition Tiki Room wristwatch to be released in conjunction with the 40-year anniversary of the attraction. We quized Eric on the watch and he happily answered our questions and was generous enough to give me his prototype artwork of the yet-to-be-released brochure, if I would be so kind to post it on Tiki Central.

The watch will be released on June 20th, (three days before the actual anniversary), and will be sold only at Disneyland. A print of the artwork will also accompany each watch. They will sell for $200 and only 50 will be produced. Mr. Scales said that usually a limited edition watch like this takes about a month to sell out, but I told him that if the tiki-community at large got wind of it, it might sell out quite a bit faster.

I'll probably try to pick one up at our Sunday outing with my Tiki Centralite compadres on the 22nd and thought maybe some of the rest of you might be interested as well. It's a nice design and I don't know of that many tiki-style wristwatches out there. I'm also guessing that quite a a few of them are going to end up on Ebay right away. Here's the announcement:

And here's a close-up of the watch-face design:

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2003-06-09 13:23 ]

M

Hmmm...

I've got a trip to Disneyland planned, I'll have to check it out.

[ Edited by: Tangaroa 2007-01-22 07:25 ]

Very cool design. I called to see if this design will be only for wristwatches, and unfortunately, for me, it is.

I'd certainly sell a couple of my Harley-Davidson pocketwatches for the Tiki Room one if it came as a pocketwatch too.

I guess I saved $200.

Pages: 1 3 replies