Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: fake munktiki mugs on ebay

Pages: 1 10 replies

So these most likely are the same unauthorized mugs which were sold to a Canadian chain department store. Not cool. However we did confront the manufacture and got compensated so I cant complain too much about it at this point.

LT

I think you're right - good catch. I saw these a few days ago and assumed that the green and brown versions were glaze variations that I hadn't seen before. I didn't notice that there is no mention of Munktiki in the listing. Did you notify Munktiki as well?

On 2011-11-27 21:16, LOL Tiki wrote:
Did you notify Munktiki as well?

Thinking at the same time I think.. :wink:

Good eye!

On 2011-11-27 21:16, LOL Tiki wrote:
Did you notify Munktiki as well?

Thinking at the same time I think.. 9:16...:wink:

Good eye!

stuckieshaft is Munktiki :)

LT

On 2011-11-29 14:39, Trad'r Bill wrote:
stuckieshaft is Munktiki :)

Right :). The original post by mymotiki is missing so the thread reads funny now.

H

On 2011-11-29 16:30, LOL Tiki wrote:

The original post by mymotiki is missing ...

Yr' right. That's odd. I'm going to have to investigate this.

I took it down because the mugs were sold. They were selling kreepy and el bastardo mugs without any munktiki markings. One of them took down the ebay ad after I told them they were selling fakes. I had emailed one of them and was told that they had no markings. They also came in different colors. So far these are selling out of Canada.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170733780180?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1978wt_1270

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2011-11-30 21:52 ]

LT

Based on the final bids the buyers clearly thought they were bidding on Munktiki mugs. Unfortunately there's no way to let them know.

M

I know the one that took down the ad was charging 25.00 for shipping from Vancouver BC! They sold one kreepy in green for 79.00 buy it now.

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2011-11-30 18:43 ]

M

Pages: 1 10 replies