Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

July 5 Shindig at JungleTrader's Tiki Jungle

Pages: 1 17 replies

Who else is coming? Send me an e-mail.
Also looking to hire a bartender? Real money for your mixing expertise and time. I'm not a mixer. I'd like to hire someone on TC. Martin?

Party starts at 7 pm, lotsa local friends will be here. I'm still looking for Conga Bob.

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-06-27 16:31 ]

M

I'd love to, but it's opening night for my play. Damn! We'll work something else out for another time. And I haven't forgotten the other thing we discussed, either.

Shameless, "self-promoting" plug: http://www.mctheatre.com

-martin

M

I want to go!! How far are you from Minnies?
--bruce

Hey MrSmiley, we are about 20 minutes from Minnies. I love the huge patio out back. Saturday night I met Mick (another local carver) there. He gave me a tour of Minnies and showed me some of his carvings. I'll probably be going to both Minnie's and the Tiki again on the 27th or 28th.

Do you know any musicians that play bongo and xylophone that might want to perform in my jungle? Hey it would be cool to get Preston Epps out here.

Hey Martiki, I didn't know you were an actor. Some day I'll have to see one of your performances.

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-06-10 22:17 ]

I love Minnie's and The Tiki! Just went to both again this evening, in fact, on a quick pass through majestic Modesto. Took lots of pictures I'm going to post, too...for those of you who may never make it to tikisplendiferous California.

I'd love to attend your shindig on the 5th, so I'll send you an e-mail too! See you soon--

tikivixen

Hey, where is this place?

Hey TikiVixen, cynfulcynner. I'm 1 1/2 hrs. drive directly east of S.F. Late, JT

I'm blowin' some bubbles under this one and floatin' it back to the top. heh,heh.

Workin' on a bartending service.
Still lookin' for a bongo player, Hey Bongofury.....you interested?

Back on the bubble machine.

I've booked a bartender, we are going to put together some tropical concoctions.
HEY bay area friends, still lookin' for a musician. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Blowin' bubbles again!

Party starts at 7 pm.

Need to know total numbers of people by June 30, thanks, JT

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-06-27 16:32 ]

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-06-27 19:14 ]

Heyy T.T.,
i wuld love to go and work your party, for I am a professional bartender. Hell. I'll even work for drinks in this type of atmospere (tiki).
Unfortunately I must work, so please post pics of the party when you can.
Have FUN!

Next year Unga Bunga you can tend my bar, if our schedules jive.

B

Aloha Jungletrader, With all the great carving and Tiki collections, I just hadn't gotten to the events area of Tiki Central Forums. As I'm still new to TC! Had I looked here sooner, you could have counted me in. Too bad for me that I made other plans for that date. I now know to take a look here in events. Thanks again for asking!!! Mahalo!

tiny bubbles

I just booked a xylophone player and Conga Bob. Bartender....tropical drinks,..... it's going to be good. 40 plus people. This is a lot of work. Oh to have a permanent Tiki bar/restaurant........I dream on.

M

Thanks, Jungle trader, the work paid off! We had a great time -your yard is fabulous.
Folks, he had about 15 Huge Tikis out there-about half he careved himself. There were a few that were about 3 feet across and six foot tall-huge!! And the food spread was fabulous. Thanks again-it was a well needed diversion from recent events. i gotta go now--mrsmiley

And thank you Mr. Smiley, TikiHag and TikiVixen for gracing my party.
I'll have some pics up soon.

Go here to see pics of the shindig
http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i=67b0de21b356ecaee487

Don Moors on xylophone, is that what it's called? Tubular bells? Anyway, he played with such great intensity that he left deep imprints in the lawn where his feet were. Intense man, intense.

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-11-12 20:27 ]

Pages: 1 17 replies