Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Thee Swank Bastards at KEN CLUB this Friday !!! San Diego

Pages: 1 8 replies

KT

THEE SWANK BASTARDS /DIRTBAG SURFERS Friday DEC. 2nd

KENSINGTON CLUB SAN DIEGO 4079 ADAMS AVE.

619 284 -2848

[ Edited by: ken tiki 2011-11-29 23:51 ]

[ Edited by: ken tiki 2011-11-29 23:52 ]

TL

Hey Ken, What time do the Swank Bastards go on stage?

and who else is on the Bill?

Will you be driving the "Police Truck"!

I'll drive my Truck,
hopefully the Police are nowhere around.

Jeff(btd)

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Dec 1, 2011 4:33 PM

When exactly do they go on?????
Does the usual floor show come with them?

MN

C
Cammo posted on Sun, Dec 4, 2011 4:23 PM

Was really looking forward to this!

We went to the show but at the last second they switched the lineup to the Dirtbag Surfers going on first, and we just couldn't stay for the late set. It's too bad because the Swanksters were obviously WAY better and already had their stuff set up, but they had to rip it down to make way for the aptly named Dirtbags. We stayed for a few songs but the Dirtbags were mostly messing around with feedback as an artistic statement and needed some more guitar lessons, y'know?

Oh well, next time.

SK

I made it out to this show and like Cammo was not stoked Thee Swank Bastards went on so late. I didn't make it to the end of the their set unfortunately. I did however hear some sweet new Penn State jokes before I left.

I thought the Dirt Bag Surfers were OK. They definitely didn't have that clean, refined, tight sound like Thee Swank Bastards, but rather a LowFi, trashy, loose, budget-rock, style of surf/ garage music which I like. I don't know how long they have been playing but I see potential. Also, with a name like Dirt Bag Surfers and hailing from OB maybe I unknowingly adjusted my expectations?

The last time I saw thee Swank Bastards at the Ken was with the Fink Bombs. I liked the Fink Bombs music but thought they were ROUGH and needed to just get it down a little better. I saw the Fink Bombs again this past Tiki Oasis at a room party and wow they were much better or......I may have just been drunk?

Anyhow thanks to both bands for playing and next time go on at 9:30. Please. :)

SK

Pages: 1 8 replies