Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Hula Girls New Year's Eve Trader Vics - Los Angeles - Free! No Cover!!

Pages: 1 18 replies

The Hula Girls have been approached by the management of Trader Vics' @ LA Live to play their New Year's Eve party this year!!

So if you are still looking for something to do for New Years Eve, come ring it in with us and Judy and Dinah at the LA Trader Vics! Since our steel guitar player, Kevin will be up in Palo Alto with Tikiyaki, we are happy to have the legendary Gary Brandin will be filling in for him.

Should be a great time! Hope some of you can make the scene!

Spike
http://www.facebook.com/thehulagirls
http://www.myspace.com/thehulagirlsband

[ Edited by: luckydesigns 2011-12-08 21:00 ]

Awesome! Val and I are going to be down at Staples Center for the LA Kings game that night and a Hula Girls show at Trader Vic's will make it a night to remember.

kevin

hey Spike,

people are asking me if there is a charge for this, dress code, etc.....
is there any info on the web about the show?

thanks
Jeff(btd)

Let me ask the GM and get back to you about that stuff!

This just in from Trader Vics' management:

Regarding New Year's Eve, we won't charge cover fee at the door. We just expect guests who would like to enjoy the entertainment at Trader Vic's to also enjoy some items out of our food and drink menus.

We won't really require a specific dress code but we would appreciate dressy casual.
We will certainly be dressed up to ring in the New Year!

Thanks Spike

Jeff(btd)

Hi Spike,

Do you guys know what time your sets will be? We're going to the hockey game that night and hope to catch you guys either before or after.

Mahalo!

Kevin

Hey Kevin, we are gonna be playing three sets, starting at 8:30 and ending at 12:30. Hope you can swing by!

Hey Spike, can we bring our pets to the show?

Your ferrets? Yes. Retaurants love ferrets.

T
TNT posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2011 7:20 PM

We will be there right after the Kings game too.

TM

A little bird told me there will be some new songs being debutted!

Dig this Trader Vic's glass from 1963!
Boy chases girl into the water. Girl runs out topless and he grabs her. She slugs him in the jaw (take that, jerk!)! They make up and roll around on the shore (either that or they're wrestling).

The Hula Girls play Trader Vic's at L.A. Live on New Year's Eve!! Come ring in the New Year with us! We start at 8:30pm!

Get those cigars ready! New Year's Eve is upon us!
The Hula Girls will be at Trader Vic's @ LA Live tonight!! 8:30pm - 12:30am

Happy New Year!

see ya tonight,
No Nor. Cal. for me.
:-/

Jeff(btd)

Val and I had a great time ringing in the new year with the Hula Girls at Trader Vic's (after a LA Kings win no less). We're so glad you guys were up in LA for NYE. Here's to many more shows in 2012!

Kevin

Had a great time as well. Glad we took a cab home...it was Mai Tai-o-Rama!

Pages: 1 18 replies