Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

How many motorcyclists in our ranks?

Pages: 1 33 replies

I posted some pics of my little bar and was suprised by some of my fellow riders out there!.How many are we?, SOUND OFF!!!

T

I used to ride a GS1100 Katana...but I sold it to my bro.
But I still keep my license updated!

I was taking MSF classes here in CA, and nearly ran over the instructor... so, it'll be awhile before I get my motorcycle license.

yo tikimonkey, I do occasional training for new riders on certain sundays......i'm in santa monica. If you need help just let me know.

Wahine Marian and I ride my Vulcan Classic 800. I've put about 11,000 miles on it in 6 years of doing day trips to the beach. I'd own a chopper, except for all the $$$ I spend on my tiki addiction. Best ride I ever did was down to Key West and back with a tent and sleeping bag. The Keys are motorcycle heaven.

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2003-06-11 10:42 ]

S

I just sold a Honda V45 Sabre and a Honda Silverwing. Miss them both but I haven't ridden for two years.

If you don't use them, then selling was good. Did you have kids or some such thing?, why 2 years off?.

H

Not an actual rider myself, but I've logged many hours as a passenger -- there was a time when it was my main mode of transport. Those were great times, and I miss them. Still have my helmet, I refuse to part with it though it's gathering dust; donated my jacket ages ago. There's a beautiful pale yellow BMW near my work that calls to me every time I pass it. Periodically I consider getting a bike of my own, when I'm down in LA it may become practical enough for me to consider it more seriously.

If you come to l.a., two wheeler will hook you up with a bike. I also help train riders.were you riding in seattle?

Harley RoadKing Classic in sights. I am on the waiting list. I sold my Sportster about two years ago.

D

2001 HD Sportster 883
weather's been nice lately

H

On 2003-06-16 18:57, twowheelin'tiki wrote:
If you come to l.a., two wheeler will hook you up with a bike. I also help train riders.were you riding in seattle?

Thanks, twowheelin'tiki! Yeah, this was in Seattle. (Is it still considered "riding" when you're just the passenger? I always figured it didn't really count.) I'm going to take the MSF course, but I don't know if I'll do it here or in CA. I'll probably be busy enough with moving that it'll have to wait until I'm down there. It might be nice to have some help selecting a bike -- I'm freakishly small, so it's likely that I'll need to have a bike lowered. My aunt's giving me a hand, too -- she's been riding for 20-some-odd years, she started when she was my age.

Michelle, you need to get a light blue Vespa. For some reason I can just see you one of those.

H

On 2003-06-22 14:20, Luckydesigns wrote:
Michelle, you need to get a light blue Vespa. For some reason I can just see you one of those.

I do love Vespas, and maybe I'll have one someday, but the motorcycle would probably come first. I'm probably going to start with a small Honda, but the ultimate goal is to move up to something sleek & European, probably a Ducati.

yo humu humu, my wife is 4'11" and she rides a 500cc bike.She is a 50/50, meaning half torso and half legs. So if she can ride, you can ride.email me when you are ready.

Anyone comming to Laguna Seca for the world Motor Bikes? July 11,12,13. I will be bartending there and I can't wait. I love the bikes, but also the best time of the year for Wahine Watching. YA MON!

T

I used to have an old Indian until about 2 years ago.

In short, I got the house, she got the bike and the vintage store... and ran them both into the ground within 3 months. I still have the house, so I win.

Also, I was at the Bahi Hut in Sarasota Florida on Sunday (on the way home from Hukilau, natch), and the owner, Tim, showed me his Harley - it is custom painted with 2 Tikis and 2 hot hula wahines. I'll post some pics of it to TBRP soon (UPDATE: they're up).

[ Edited by: tikibars on 2003-07-11 11:22 ]

T

My husband has a Suzi Katana that is now in the hands of a good friend. We now ride a 2002 HD Road King Classic. As a passenger I prefer the Harley. In fact, I'm thinking of getting my own licence and bike (just need to find the time and money).

[ Edited by: tikibars on 2003-07-11 11:22 ]

TwoWheelin,
Definitely connect when your in Monterey!

I rode for many years in my younger days and now that I'm back in San Diego County I'm planning on buying a new-to-me bike, something not too big and easy to take care of, something along the lines of a Honda VT700 Shadow or a Beemer R80

Heads Up Gang! Biker weekend is coming back to Palm Springs, October 17, 18, and 19. It has been a PS staple for years but was canceled last year due to the "Laughlin" scare (thanks to moronic PS city council members). I'll find the link and post.

K

Current:
1994 HD FXRP with all the original police gear (except clear lenses)
2001 Chopper

Past:
2001 HD FXDWG
2000 HD FXDX (totalled)
1999 HD FXDX (totalled)
1998 Buell S1
1980 Moto Guzzi G5 cafe racer
1980 Vespa P200
1986 Suzuki Savage

K

TWT,

Did you see the new Buell XB1200S!!!!!

P

Kawasaki '99 Drifter 1550.
Very nice ride.

My Harley buddies call it "the recliner."

S

I grew up on dirt bikes and I once rode a Honda Hawk 400 from Portland to SanDiego and back one summer when I was about 18. My last bike was a Husky 125 screamer. I loved tearing up the old logging roads in N.Idaho.
Sadly it was stolen by the punk neighbor kid when we left for the winter. Some day...

If there are still some tiki bikers here, I have a custom 2000 Harley Sportster for sale. PM me if you are interested. We are desperate to sell it.

I had a few...one Triumph I loved. It sounded so wonderful.

I have a few old Hondas now, one I've kinda made into a gravel road toy...good fun.

I do have a post war trike made by the navy. It's more like a mini-bike/truck than anything else. I've heard it called a "Dootlebug" but somebody else told me "at ain no dootlebug boy, donchoo know nuthin'"

I got it from a scrap yard.
I think they were dropped from planes onto islands and used to carry things around.

they are silly...that's my speed now.

I just got one of those electric mini ninja bikes at Pep Boys. It kicks ass! (just joking!)

But, my neighbor just got a Harley that was "Spiked" by "Spike my Bike". Keep an eye on Spike TV cause they are going to be the first episode. Scott and Jody. If they don't edit it out, my house is in the background with all the tropical plants. We watched them do all the filming etc. It was pretty cool.

I did ride Honda Trail 90's way back when I was a small sprout of bamboo, everytime we went to Big Bear. Never forget those days.

I have a 93' Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
And I love it. Riding a motorcycle is one of the funnest things I like to do.
Later,
Spermy

Have been biking for a few years now...
2002 Suzukik Volusia....took a long ride
last spring....Wisconsin to bike week at
Myrtle Beach....around 31 hundred miles
round trip. Also have a replica of a
Whizzer...1940's style peddle bike
with a small engine...kinda wierd but
fun!

Sorry for the late post.

I have a 1955 Norton Dominator 88. She was a purchase from a professor at Cal Berkeley who had it for over 30 years. She is stock now, but will be a full cafe racer in a few months. And of course, British racing green.

Gotta luv British Iron...

Moi

While I was attending college in Orange County, I was caught in the middle of an 8 car pile up and my car was totaled. My cousin gave me his '74 Norton 750 Commando to ride until I was able to buy a new car. The kick start was a beeyatch until I got the hang of it. It was a beautiful machine, purple metal flake with gold letters. He eventually reclaimed it and handed it down to his son. That bike made you feel cool as hell, it was fun to ride too.

Pages: 1 33 replies