Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Rugbymatt heading to Kona in January

Pages: 1 4 replies

R

Finally getting my arse to Hawaii! Since I am planning to be at rugby event in Honolulu next fall I decided to take a short trip to the Big Island after New Years and pay a visit to my friends at Okolemaluna in Kona.

H

Awesome! Lots to do on the Big Island. Don the Beachcomber's bar in Kona at sunset is not to be missed! Neither is the Place of Refuge just down the road at Honaunau. You'll have a blast.

Okelemaluna is awesome. Spent a good few hours there recently and the drinks are stellar! Easily the best drinks on the island.

What a great trip! The Ginardi's and their staff at Okolemaluna were excellent hosts. I finished the bar list in about 15 hours spread over 4 evenings. Love the Big Island and put some serious island miles on my Sebring. Spent a great day out n' about with Corey (Mongoloid) and Susan hitting Polu'u black sand beach, Kilehuea Volcano, Hilo, and driving the Saddle. During my layover on Oahu I snuck over to La Mariana for lunch before flying back to Cali.

Definitely want to go back again to Hawai'i but I am playing in an old boys rugby tournament in Waikiki in November so that will be next up for now.

Matt sounds like an awesome trip .I will have to get some details from you before
I head back over to the big island and Oahu in the very near future.

Pages: 1 4 replies