Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist 12-7-11

Pages: 1 2 replies

DZ

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist 12-7-11

Mele kalikimaka, ya’all. This week it was time to start celebrating the holiday season in the Tiki Lounge.

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge is broadcast on Wednesdays, 5-6 pm EDT at: http://www.radiofairfax.org The show is broadcast live; no recorded shows are archived. Some fans record it on their computers to listen to later. Radio Fairfax also can be heard on Tune In Radio at tunein.com, and streamed on smartphones by downloading the Tunein app. It can be streamed on Roku and Google TV at: http://tinyurl.com/3uqfsz9

1. “Jingle Bells” the 1944 version by Spike Jones & His City Slickers from the CD Box Set: Strictly for Music Lovers.

2. “Christmas Night in Harlem” by Louis Armstrong & His All-Stars from the collection: Hipsters’ Holiday.

3. “Stormy Blues” by Billy Holiday from the CD: Yule Be Miserable.

4. “My Favorite Things” by the Brian Setzer Orchestra from their CD: Dig That Crazy Christmas.

5. “Ring a Merry Bell” by June Christy from her 1961 LP: This Time of Year.

6. “No Better Time” by Jeremy Davenport from the collection: Christmas Gumbo.

7. “Warm December” by Julie London from the anthology: Cool December.

8. Arab Dance (from The Nutcracker Ballet by Pytor Tchaikovsky) by Mr. Ho’s Orchestrotica from their May 2011 release, Third River Rangoon.

9. “Christmas Time Is Coming (A Street Carol)” by Stormy Weather from the collection: A John Waters Christmas.

10. “Christmas Island” by Ella Fitzgerald from the Tommy Bahama Holiday Paradise CD.

11. “Jungle Bells” by the Blue Hawaiians from their CD: Christmas on Big Island.

12. “Da Night Bafo' Christmas” by Kathy Collins from the Hawaiian music anthology: Moonbows for Christmas.

13. “Kana Kaloka (Here Comes Santa Claus)” from the CD: Hawaiian Holidays -- Christmas With Na Leo.

14. “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town” by the Rev. Horton Heat from his recording: We Three Kings.

15. “This Christmas” by Rula Brown from the Profile Records collection: Reggae Christmas.

16. “Away in a Manger” by Keola Beamer from the anthology: Hawaiian Slack Key Christmas.

MH
Mr. Ho posted on Wed, Dec 7, 2011 8:46 PM

Thanks for the play dr. Z!

Mr. Ho

On 2011-12-07 20:46, Mr. Ho wrote:
Thanks for the play dr. Z!

Mr. Ho

I had actually planned to play this just before Christmas last year after you had so kindly emailed me the MP3 version six months in advance of its release on the Third River Rangoon CD, but before I could do so I tripped and broke my hand and didn't broadcast again for a month and a half, by which time the Chistmas season had long passed, of course. I have played several of your other pieces on my show from your Esquivel tribute CD, which is the only one I currently own (although it is on my Amazon wish list so Santa may end up dropping one down the chimney, which is how my family chooses presents for someone like me who otherwise would be hard to shop for).

Pages: 1 2 replies