Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Los Angeles tiki and Rose Bowl

Pages: 1 5 replies

I will be spending a few days in L.A. and would appreciate a few tips from the local ohana. The trip centers around the Rose Bowl game but hopefully will include visits to a tiki bar or two. First, between say Anaheim and Pasadena, where is a good location to find a motel/hotel within staggering or taxi distance from a tiki bar? Second, what do you think is the most efficient way to get in and out of the stadium. I will have a rental car and can probably buy a parking pass but maybe a bus or shuttle is a better option. Getting out as fast as possible is the main objective. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

[ Edited by: mrtikibar 2011-12-08 10:56 ]

For lodging near Don the Beachcomber in Huntington Beach, there are sugggestions here.

If you stay at the hotels at Disneyland Resort, you have Trader Sams on the premises.

[->>King Bushwich 33rd

M

Thank you. We are in at the Best Western in Huntington Beach prior to the game. I see the Bahooka is not too far away from Pasadena so we might swing by there afterwards.

P

Bahooka is in Rosemead, a bit east of Pasadena. 210 or Orange Grove east to Rosemead Blvd then south to Lower Azusa Rd puts you right into the Bahooka parking lot.

Oceanic Arts is not far from Bahooka in Whittier.

There is also Damon's in Glendale west of Pasadena. Nothing in Pasadena itself.

So in OC you have:

Trader Sam's @ Disneyland Resort
Don the Beachcomber is Sunset/Huntington Beach

In "Pasadena" you have:

Bahooka in Rosemead
Damon's in Glendale
Oceanic Arts in Whittier

Tiki Ti will unfortunately be closed at the time.

You should pay a visit to Disneyland since there is a connetion with Walt Disney and the Oregon Ducks.

And if you are in the area on New Years Eve, you may want to check out either
-The Hula Girls at Trader Vics in Los Angeles or
-The Tonga Hut in North Hollywood

M

You bet we're heading to Disneyland.

Pages: 1 5 replies