Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Pics of Monkeyman's Lounge

Pages: 1 17 replies

Here are some pics of my lounge so far.....

[ Edited by: monkeyman on 2003-07-01 11:03 ]

Ruin the surprise? No way! Post some pictures when you can!

SugarCaddyDaddy's Schedule of Stuff!

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-06-10 15:01 ]

If I may add my 2 cents, July looks like a good month.

This is our hut. The kitchen is on the other side. The great wall of masks still needs a few more masks.

This is just half of the entertainment center I started building last July and finished in February. It is made from teak. Over $1500 on wood alone!!!

This is a 24"x36" tikiroom print that we had custom framed by link at frame fetish. The mantle below is solid teak and the custom tile job below incorporates a simple palm tree mosaic. The palm tree is made from green marble and travertine and is surrounded with silver slate.

This is one of the several valances we have that accent the dark bamboo blinds. The bamboo rods pass through custom made brackets cut from solid teak and are made to look like a tiki hut roofline.

We purchased one of those 4 seater home theater sofas this year and made 8 of these pillows to tie in with our valances

I am simultaneously working on drapery made from barkcloth and the hand carved tiki ottoman that you may have seen on another post. Gary (from Badass tikis) is shipping me my bamboo barstools from an ebay auctiion. I hope to have a little more decorative clutter by July 12. I also have a bunch of decor that I use to trick out my garage. Unfortunately I do not have the luxurious back yards that many other TC members do.

Monkeyman

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-06-12 09:24 ]

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-06-12 09:26 ]

A

I'm there
Mahalo,
Al

NICE entertainment center!

Monkeyman,
You're quite the carpenter! Can't wait to see everything in person.

B

That looks like one classy joint Monkeyman! Excellent work on the entertainment center.

Very nice! I can't wait to see it in person...

Hmmm.... I'll have a month between your unveiling and mine, so I'll have a chance to pull some Hoiti Toiti moves to keep up with you! :)

:tiki:

Hey MonkeyMan, would you mind if Poly Pop and I visit your place tomorrow afternoon? We'll be at smogbreather's hut. But you might want to wait for the official unveiling. JT

Please stop by. I work until 5 and will be in my garage carving Friday night. It would be fun to have you over and give me some feedback/ tips on additional decor.

Please email me and I will give you the specifics.

I am probably 30 minutes from San Clemente

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-06-13 08:35 ]

That entertainment center is gorgeous...You are a craftsman.

nice work!. the drapes/window accents rule.

Are there enough stops for a North San Diego County crawl yet?

I am afraid that San Diego is pretty light on real tiki establishments. North San Diego county is even lighter. I would dig having a crawl with y'all but it might not be as all ecompassing as the OC and SF events.

The day of my party I was almost thinking of hanging out with some of you at our local waterslide park. It is not too big or expensive and would be a fun way to do something a little different before the luau.

Just a thought.

Monkeyman

That water park thing sounds fun.

I am working on food and beverage details for our gathering on July 12. Any tentative RSVP's? I am in process of putting together an invite but wanted to estimate a head count. All TCers are welcome. We live in Vista, CA almost exactly 60 miles south of Disneyland.

I was seriously thinking about meeting anyone who is interested at the Wave waterslide park here in Vista for some pre luau fun. After the waterpark we could head over to the party. If anyone is interested in either part of the plan let me know.

Thanks

Monkeyman
1950 Courage Street
Vista, CA

Pages: 1 17 replies