Pages: 1 25 replies

R

I have many shag prints for sale.
Night Birds
The Masquerade
Desert Polynesia
Blue Miles
Anger of Alf Charles

I will sell one or all. Make me an offer.
Email me with any questions. If I dont sell these in a couple of weeks. I will put them on ebay.

[Edited by Hanford to turn off the email delivery]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-06-14 15:20 ]

Hello Raven~

I'll ask here, in hopes that you will be a returning (fellow) TC'er. What prices are you asking for these individually? You'll probably get more of a response from real buyers from TC if you let us know what you want for them, rather than getting 40 emails saying "what do you want for the ____ print?"

Which one am I interested in? Maybe the Desert Polynesia.

Hope you'll return.

R

The prices I would like to get are listed below. The prices include shipping and insurance. However I will entertain offers for the next ten days. After then I will put them on ebay.

Night Birds (288/300)($425)
Alf Charles (160/250)($325)
Blue Miles (246/300)($450)
The Masquerade (244/250)($450)
Desert Polynesia (182/200)($650)

Email offers to [email protected]

Wow, what a great reason to sign up to be a member of TC. Good luck on your business venture and thanks for using our site!

hee, hee.....my sentiments exactly Luckydesigns. I just didn't say it. Good for you! Somebody send the spamming link on to this new member.

Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!' I shrieked upstarting - Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken! - quit the bust above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take tha form from off my door!'

K

Quoth the raven77, `Nevermore.'

T

Gee.....think that this could be the seller who put them up with a BIN of $2200?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3527718130&category=20147

No pics, few details, scant seller feedback, and an outrageous price, what more could a buyer want?

R

You all sure do have a ton of extra time writing weak messages on this website. If you don't want them then there is not need for a reply. I thought I would put these on this website so that real shag fans would have a first shot at them. I went ahead and put these prints on ebay because of the negative feedback I got from you all. It seems as though I was wrong about the type of people that enjoy tiki and shag. I am also sorry that the demand for shag has increased. If all of a sudden your car was only one of 300 on earth and thousands of people wanted to buy it from you then you would probably sell it for more than you paid. This is how supply and demand works. I would not normally be selling these prints, but unfortunately I am a college student who just found out that I only have a few years to live and the medication that I need is very expensive. So to all of those ugly people who have written ugly messages....
GET A LIFE.

K

I am new to the forum but have gone to Trader Vic's with Basement Kahuna and Brad the Beachcomber and positivly enjoyed their company.
I was disgusted by this thread.
There have been a lot of complaints from the TC members accusing people posting in the collecting tiki forum of spamming.
Isn't the point of this forum to let everyone know what tiki merchandise is available out there and where you can get it?
I personally welcome anyone who selling anything tiki related or knows about anything that's available in the marketplace to let me know so I can decide if I want it and what I'm willing to pay for it.
I've noticed TC members hammering anyone who posts a tiki related item that they have for sale in this forum and giving them the old "spamming" speach.
If an item is posted that you are not interestred in just let it go. Someone on the board might want it.
We are supposed to be a community with a common interest and should welcome others with the same interest or related items they have for sale.
I'm sure a lot of lurkers out there just give up when they see all the negative posts that hit the board. I personally have been lurking for over a year and have found lot's of good tiki items as a result of this board. I never posted because of the negativity and politics involved with the board. I signed up and posted so I could meet TC members at Trader Vic's in Atlanta when the thread was started and had a great time.
I think everyone should lighten up and make this a positive environment for anyone with an interest in tiki or selling something tiki. I know the purpose of a forum is to voice your opinion, but why spread negativity if it isn't necessary.
If you don't want something posted in this forum or you think it's too expensive then don't buy it. I'm sure someone out there would like it and be willing to pay what the seller is asking. Just my 2 cents.

Mahalo

On 2003-06-12 07:47, raven77 wrote:
I would not normally be selling these prints, but unfortunately I am a college student who just found out that I only have a few years to live and the medication that I need is very expensive.

What a sad story. It doesn't jibe with your history of buying Shag prints and quickly reselling them shortly thereafter, but it's still a very sad story.

E

On 2003-06-12 09:02, Scotty wrote:
I've noticed TC members hammering anyone who posts a tiki related item that they have for sale in this forum and giving them the old "spamming" speach.

It's not because they have things for sale--it's when they post a "buy my stuff" ad as their first message to the group, without introducing themselves and without joining in to any discussions. It's annoying when people register as members just to try to sell something.

It's like when you answer the phone thinking it's a friend calling, but it's actually a telemarketer.

K

I understand and respect your position Erika. The nature of a forum is that it's here for the exchange of information for a common interest. A post here doesn't disrupt one's dinner or interupt one's schedule like a telemarketing call. It's just information posted under a title. One can choose to read it or not. One can chose to use the info or not. Some people that register may not have any interest in tiki. They may have come across an artifact and find TC searching the net for info. Then they register to see if there is any interest here. If someone is not interested in an item posted on the forum then just read the next thread instead of posting a negative comment that does nothing to help the TC community. I think in the long run we will have more information of tiki items in the marketplace and have better access to purchasing them. It is not my intention to stir the pot or cause trouble. I love reading most of the posts on TC and again have gathered invaluable tiki knowledge and access to some cool purchases. I don't like to get involved in the politics on boards and forums, but I thought the spam comments from several threads currently in the collecting tiki forum were getting a little abusive and rude. My final comment on this topic is just for us all to be pleasant towards one another and use the information posted here to further our knowledge and collecting of tiki.

Erika, you got my point exactly. Oh, and that guy's right, I do have a whole lot of free time on my hands. Thanks for noticing.

R

This message is specifically for the Suburban Hipster.

What the hell do you know about me? Answer: Nothing.
I forgot that you are a doctor and can assess my illness all the way from your couch.
I am sorry that I have somehow upset your happy little world.
Don't be so quick to judge that which you don't understand.
Mean people suck!

Er, this is just a very tiny idea...maybe it's stupid, but please don't tear my head off...

Maybe there could be a "Selling Tiki" area, separate from "Collecting Tiki"? Where ALL individuals, regular TC members and strangers who have interesting Tiki stuff for sale (NOT corporate entities, eg "The Time-Life Books History of Tiki Twelve Volume Set" or whatever) could post tiki-related items they have for sale without necessarily needing to become involved with the social aspect of TC...

I hear someone saying "but then fifty million people will try to sell things here"--true, maybe they will. But they're already bothering us, right? And then we could either ignore them or buy their stuff, and in any case we could avoid tedious threads like this one!

What I mean is, if it was a separate topic/thread/whachamacallit from Collecting, those of us who receive TC via email could choose not to receive it at all! and those who peruse the board online could choose to simply not look at it!

(And established TC members, eg Midnite, Mrsmiley, BK and so forth, would know that, if they preferred, they could just put their sale stuff in Collecting Tiki without risk of offending anyone.)

Because, frankly, I don't need someone to ingratiate themselves to me and become my email pal to simply sell me something I like. And maybe I don't WANT to be Raven77 or whoever's pal. Maybe I don't have time to read all their "hi, I'm...blah blah blah" introductory posts. Maybe I just would like to know what they have for sale, and if I don't want to buy it, they can go away without further wasting my time.

As SCD says, just my 2 coconuts...

Is there any merit to this idea at all? Maybe this could help deal with the problem constructively.

no kill i said the horta,

tikivixen

J
JTD posted on Thu, Jun 12, 2003 2:58 PM

Tikivixen, Hanford,
I think the "Selling Tiki" forum is right on. I was halfway through a post recommending the same thing when I read Vixen's post. I really feel sorry for the well-intentioned when they get torn a new one for wandering into TC and doing what they think is following the right protocol. I, too, dislike the cases of blatant spamming, but the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality needs to be curbed.

OK, I'm done now.

-JTD

[ Edited by: JTD on 2003-06-12 15:00 ]

On 2003-06-12 13:52, raven77 wrote:
This message is specifically for the Suburban Hipster.

What the hell do you know about me? Answer: Nothing.
I forgot that you are a doctor and can assess my illness all the way from your couch.
I am sorry that I have somehow upset your happy little world.
Don't be so quick to judge that which you don't understand.
Mean people suck!

Apology accepted, Matt.

Raven77, Suburban Hipster (and everyone):

Please refrain from discussing any "medical condition" aspect of the thread. It has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Thanks,

Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-06-12 17:27 ]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-06-12 22:56 ]

R

This will be the last reply to this "thread"

I honestly apologize for any wrong doing.
I meant well, but obviously I was wrong.
You will never hear from me again, as I have asked to be removed from this forum. I wish everyone well. Good-bye

Matt, Congratulations on your successful Ebay auction. You not only got your BIN price, you managed to sell the set to a buyer that already purchased the Blue Miles print from another seller. They say there's a Shag fan born every minute. :)

The first auction appears to have fallen through, but here's attempt number two. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3532705584&category=20147

I still think that individual auctions and pics would be helpful.

Raven77:

Now who is "the ugly person writing the ugly messages?"

I also am leary of those who feel they must resort to a sob-story to excuse their behavior.

Lastly, have you ever considered that many of those on this board (like myself) already purchased their Shag prints at the Night of the Tiki opening?

MC

I'm not a hard-core Shag fan., but am still interested in your prints. I don't know what they look like unfortunately. Some pics would be the only way that I could consider them.
Thanks.
MC

E

On 2003-06-12 13:52, raven77 wrote:
Mean people suck!

...and people who say "mean people suck" make perfeclty ordinary people want to kick 'em right in the jewels. Just a friendly bit o' advice...

:), emspace.

Pages: 1 25 replies