Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Shaka Shack Burger Lounge opens in Santa Monica

Pages: 1 14 replies

Greetings noble appreciators of Tiki. We have just opened the doors to our new Burger Lounge, Shaka Shack in Santa Monica. Cool atmosphere, good burgers. Nothing quite like it. Will post about upcoming events, parties and music nights. In the mean time please check us out, sit on my parent's couch and dig the vibe. Located 1701 Ocean Park, Santa Monica. 310-450-5551 Mon.-Sat. 11:30-8:00 Happy Holidays!!!

J

Tiki burgers in Samo ?? Yes !!

I ate there today. Here's my review:

1. One of the best burgers I've had. They definitely have a "foodie" pedigree. Much better than the nearby Counter IMHO (and that's saying a lot).

2. Decor-wise they have a Witco stool displayed in a place of prominence as well as a Thor painting. The set-up is like eating in someones living room, they even have TV trays.

3. They plan future Tiki events in the parking lot. At one point they had the Ding Dong Devils lined up.

4. Their mascot reminds me of a Tiki Pickaninny. Cool !!

I'll be back. :)

P

What happened to number 3?

J

Oh yeah, number #3 would be is that they offer both veggie and vegan options. I don't even know what vegan means but I'll probably try it at some point just to be a Tiki burger completist. :)

I initially ordered the Kobe beef burger but they ran out of that. Instead I had the standard Angus beef burger which was so good, it boggles my mind to imagine what the much more expensive Kobe burger tastes like.

The only disappointing thing was that they don't serve beer. They did say I could go buy one at the market across the street and bring it back.

MMMMMMMMM BURGER!!!

Veggie/Vegan burgers... HA!!!! whatever!
:roll:

John O,
do you always have to drink alcohol?
or do you ever have a non alcoholic drink with a meal?
I'd hate to be your liver.

Jeff(btd)

ALOHA! Myself and The Things hit this spot on opening day!

We live one block away on Ocean Park...

We dug it!! Great burgers and vibe. Been back a few times since.

How about a band in the parking lot to bring in the folks?

make it happen,
and I'll be there.

Jeff(btd)

Went back today!

I had the Portabello mushroom burger and it ROCKED!

My 13 year-old had the Shaka Burger and dug it again.

The soon to be 12 year-old had a Shaka Burger but didn't like the new sauce. New? We had it twice before and no issue. Whatever, He's 11 7/8...

They have a cool longboard inspired table/bar to eat at now. Fun joint!

Im going this weekend any recommendations for a beef and bacon lover? :drink:

J
  1. The Kauaiian ($6.95) - 1/4 lb. grass fed Black Angus with pickles, bbq mayo, baby baby romaine, red onion, Swiss cheese and bacon

or if you want to go all out, get the Kobe with an extra order of bacon slices ($1.25)...

1. The Kobe Kahuna ($12.50) - ½ lb. Kobe patty with wasabi mayo, portabello, baby romaine, swiss cheese

Tell 'em Tiki Central sent you. :)

Just went with Sotally Tober tonight after reading JOHN-O's review. Delicious.
We had the chicken burger and the black bean burger. Both were quite tasty. We'll definitely go back!

As Much as I like a good burger, and I want to go to this place.
Until an actual event or band plays there.
Shouldn't this be in General or Finding Tiki?

Jeff(btd)

J

Burger Hater !! :evil:

Actually I'm not sure where this thread really belongs now. The owners originally posted here since the opening was kind of an "event".

The overall aesthetics of the place probably aren't Tiki enough to justify the thread being relocated to the General Forum or Locating Tiki. And burgers are really not Tiki Food. They do however appear to be Tikiphile-friendly and their logo is a cartoon Tiki.

How about this?...

Every Friday at 11:30am will be a Tiki Central burger meetup !! :)

I'm leaving right now to drop off a Glasgow Tiki Shakers CD.

how bout every monday?

I'm there if you make the friday thing happen. I'm training for the Orange County Half-Marathon so i gotta eat 1 burger and walk about 5 miles to kill the calories.

Pages: 1 14 replies