Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Tiki from Trader Vics

Pages: 1 13 replies

A

Here is the root ball tiki from Trader Vics Dallas I just came across. The first pic is Mr. Tiki in my trailer, the second is a pic of Mr. Tiki in the Trader Vics Dallas. The third is a piece of paper that was in the canoe that lead me to find out where all the Tiki stuff came from. Check out Ebay for more details. I will be posting pics of the certificates and other items from the Trader Vics Dallas. This is cool stuff that needs a good home check it out on ebay! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Root-ball-Tiki-Dallas-Trader-Vics-/190617191543?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c61ab8477

[ Edited by: aaronc33 2011-12-21 16:18 ]

A
T

I do like his Mustache

A

[ Edited by: aaronc33 2011-12-21 16:19 ]

Don King?

A

Think So???

I think it's the missing link Dr. Funk Tiki !:

A

Perfect Match!

A

Ok since I feel like Im surrounded by Tiki Experts here. Anyone on realistic value? Just making sure Im not out of line. Or should I say if it were yours and you were to sell it....

[ Edited by: aaronc33 2011-12-21 17:17 ]

I don't think you are gonna get that e-bay price, honestly, not in this economy, and not for that Tiki. It is not a vintage Tiki from the 60s when the Dallas Trader Vic's was built, but an Asian-carved import from the 2000s. Some people don't mind that, as the recent Trader Vic's warehouse sales have shown, but a lot of people here are more into the vintage American style.

A

Thanks for the input, guess if it dont go ill just keep it! Start a collection of my own.

Also, I bet lotsa people here are interested in seeing the other goodies from there that you mentioned. Milky glass floats with good netting are rare for example. Depending on size, they can go up in price quite a bit.

A

Ill be sure to get them on here for tomorrow afternoon. So everyone gets a chance to check em out here before I put them on ebay. So offers will be welcome!

K

WILSON!!

That's the tiki that greeted you when you opened the upside-down doors after walking down the long hallway. We were wondering whatever happened to him after the big liquidation. I'll alert the TX Tiki folks so we can help find him a good home.

As noted earlier, this guy isn't vintage...he's one of the mass produced tikis from Asiantique that ended up on every new TV invoice. First time I saw one was in Scottsdale before they dried up.

Still, he holds a lot of memories for those of us who frequented Dallas TV's and thats the important thing.

aaronc33: I sent you a PM. Although I personally don't have room for Wilson, I'll get the word to the other TX Tikiphiles.

Pages: 1 13 replies