Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist 12-21-11

Pages: 1 0 replies

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: December 21, 2011

This week we continued our celebration of the holiday season in the Tiki Lounge. Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge is broadcast on Wednesdays, 5-6 pm EST at: http://www.radiofairfax.org The show is broadcast live; no recorded shows are archived. Some fans record it on their computers to listen to later. Radio Fairfax also can be heard on Tune In Radio at tunein.com, and streamed on smartphones by downloading the Tunein app. It can be streamed on Roku and Google TV at: http://tinyurl.com/3uqfsz9

1. “Christmas Memories” by Rev. Dennis Kamakahi from the collection: Kiho'Alu Christmas -- Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar.

2. “Keiki Dream (Child's Dream)” by Keola Beamer from his CD: Mauna Kea -- White Mountain Journal.

3. “Christmas Time Blues” from the recording: Hawaiian Holidays -- Christmas With Na Leo.

4. “Jingle Bells” by Led Kaapana & Bob Brozman from the anthology: Hawaiian Slack Key Christmas.

5. “Moonbows for Christmas” by Amy Hanaiali’i Gilliom from the collection of the same name.

6. “Go I Will Send Thee” by John Fahey from his 1968 LP: The New Possibility.

7. “Oh Come, Oh Come Emanuel(le)” by Hapa from their recording: Hapa Holidays, featuring Keli'i Kaneali'i on Vocals & Rhythm Guitar; Barry Flanagan on Vocals & Lead Acoustic Guitar; and Doug White on Bass.

8. “Mele Kalikimaka” the classic song by Robert Alex Anderson performed by King Kukulele & the Friki Tikis, featuring the Elf-Ettes from the CD: Luau in December.

9. “Nu ‘Oli” from the recording Maluhia by Keali’I Reichel.

10. “Run Run Rudolph” by Dan Hicks & the Hot Licks from the CD: Crazy for Christmas.

11. “I Know What You Want for Christmas (But I Don't Know How to Wrap It)” the 1962 song by Kay Martin and Her Bodyguards from the compilation: Sexcapades – Songs of Love, Lust and Depravity.

12. “What Child Is This” by the Rev. Horton Heat from his recording: This We Three Kings.

13. “Poor Papa” the 1949 song from the collection: Songs by Kay Starr.

14. “Winter Wonderland,” the song composed in 1934 by Felix Bernard & Richard B. Smith, performed by Harry Connick Jr. from the movie soundtrack recording: When Harry Met Sally.

15. “The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies” from Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker Suite, by Tanya & Dorise from their CD: A Gift, featuring Dorise Blackmon on Guitar and Tanya Huang on Violin. (I had the honor of hearing them perform on Royal Street in the French Quarter in Spring 2011 during the New Orleans Jazzfest.)

16. “Have Yourself a Quiet Little Christmas” by the Blue Hawaiians from their CD: Christmas on Big Island.

Pages: 1 0 replies