Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Hand made, tenor scale ukulele for sale

Pages: 1 11 replies

Aloha uke folks,

I am putting my latest ukulele build up for sale.
It is a tenor scale uke, hand crafted by me over the last several months.
The back, sides, and neck are solid Honduran Mahogany and the top is one piece of Sitka Spruce.
One the inside is Kasha style bracing with a spanish style neck.
The bridge and fretboard are both solid bubinga wood.
The finish is hand rubbed Tru-Oil.
The tuners are Grover brand and the strings are Worth Browns.
As soon as my relatives leave my house this weekend I will put together a sound sample for you! lol.
I can tell you, though, that the sound is very warm with a lot of volume that will only get better as the uke is played and 'opens up'.
Please don't be afraid to PM me with any questions or inquiries.

I am asking $300 plus shipping.

If you are interested, I documented this build over here: Leeward Lounge Ukulele #002
Mahalo,

~Fred "Finkdaddy" Kroner

Visit the The Leeward Lounge

[ Edited by: finkdaddy 2011-12-24 08:16 ]

[ Edited by: finkdaddy 2011-12-24 10:46 ]

H

Beautiful job, amazing progress pictures.

I am, regretfully, not uke folk, and thus have no right to say this, but that is a beautiful instrument. I may never get to hear it, but my day is improved somewhat just having seen it. Thanks for your post.

Thank you, guys! What a nice thing to say. :)

T

Gorgeous Uke!!! Mahalo for posting!!!

P

WOW!! And to think the first one was very nice. This is even better. Great work again...Thanks for sharing and sharing the link to the build...

Aloha!!

Paul

Damn, Fink that is one FINE looking uke. With your attention to detail and craftsmanship on your carvings, I can only imagine how beautiful this looks in person. I'm looking forward to hearing how it sounds!

I like the sound hole you added in the top. I have to play facing a wall to get to hear what my uke (sorta) sounds like!

Well hell, no wonder you want to pawn it off on someone - it's got a HOLE in the side of it! Is that to hold a hard boiled egg for a snack between sets?

Just kidding FinkDaddy :D I can't imagine the craftmanship it takes to build something like that - beautiful.

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2011-12-25 18:40 ]

Hey folks, I finally got a sound clip of the new uke online.
Hopefully my terrible playing and singing wont ruin it for you! :roll: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io04Bya_XBc

Also, I wanted everyone to know that I just put this uke up for sale on ebay.

You can check it out at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180786854237

Thank you!

~Fred

M

I really dig the video and your singing!
A shame I'm a caveman when it comes to making music. Anyway, I think this is a steal for a handmade uke. Very very nice job!

I love it! Beautiful job!

Pages: 1 11 replies