Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

La Luz de Jesus Gallery presents "Tales from the Tiki Lounge" - Art o' Brad Parker, July 6 - 29th

Pages: 1 2 52 replies

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
"BETTER SELLING THAN SHIPPING!"!!

Hey, some lucky son-of-a-sun, art-smart, patron has gotten a "real-deal-that-would-make-u-squeal" on a fantastic piece of original art !!!!

Your Eyes kid u not!

This is all due to the fact that they payed attention when I told you what my art agent said:
"BETTER SELLING THAN SHIPPING!"

Yep, the big Los Angeles Hipster Art Scene Tiki Art show at "La Luz de Jesus Gallery" is over. Over in a good way! We sold a LOT of art. Total hit. Big happy faces cause the out come was aces!

But, whatever did not sell, we would rather save on shipping art back to HAWAII - and just sell it here on the mainland: SO... we are willing to listen to "offers" from shrewd tiki-tribe folks who know NOW is the time that Green is King!
http://www.laluzdejesus.com/shows/2012/Parker/TikiShark2012.htm

Take a look see at what has not sold, and contact the gallery or my agent , Abbas, at [email protected].
The tiki gods are smiling on honest offers and you never know - this could be the perfect purchase that could shock you & make U have-ta' change your shorts!!!

Big BIG aloha! Thanks again to everyone who came out and supported us.

There's also super secret Great news about fantastic future art projects, but (shhhhh!) I'll save that news for later!

Just remember, Right Now my art agent, Abbas, is still saying "BETTER SELLING THAN SHIPPING!"

A-lo-HA!
B tiki shark P

CA

so glad you had a great event and bummed i missed a second show by being out of town.....

my favorite piece!!!

http://www.tikimania.com/TCpost/ALshow/TN01web.jpg :wink:

well they are all blowing my mind...... crazy good painting, Amazing!
Well Done!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Crazy Al - you have recognized your own "tiki-man" design - my favorite bit of neck adornment - I own #13 of 24 of this "Bone Productions, Crazy Al" tiki pendant design,

I love this little guy and he often shows up in my work.

Here it swings from a Zombie in my latest work (this image is pencil on canvas & about to be painted)

It's about the only piece of self adornment I wear, but I wear it a lot, and it always gets a comment from folks saying how nice it is, and asking where did I get it. Then, I promptly claim I carved it... just kidding. I proudly tell them it's a "Crazy Al limited edition, and they should hunt for something by the artist on the net at Bone Productions on line at http://www.tikimania.com/

Thanks and big Mahalo Crazy Al - your an inspiration and your work always compels me to work harder and try to reach your high level of tiki-treasure-talent.

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-08-04 15:40 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
"BETTER SELLING THAN SHIPPING!!! - that's what my art agent is saying.

..he sez it, and you save it!!
Hey, some lucky son-of-a-sun, art-smart, patron has gotten a "real-deal-that-would-make-u-squeal" on a fantastic piece of original art - one shown in the photo below!!!!

Your Eyes kid u not!
It was a deal so good the buyer fainted! PAssed right out! He had to be revived with smelling salts! ( .. of course he might have passed out because of all the the Mai Tais he'd been drinking). But, that has nothing to do with the ultra-swank deal he got!

ANYWHO, this is all due to the fact that this money wise art collector payed attention when I told you what my art agent, Abbas, said:
"BETTER SELLING THAN SHIPPING!"

Yep, the big Los Angeles Hipster Art Scene Tiki Art show at "La Luz de Jesus Gallery" is over. Over in a good way! We sold a LOT of art. Total hit. Big happy faces cause the out come was aces!

But, whatever did not sell, we would rather save on shipping art back to HAWAII - and just sell it here on the mainland: SO... we are willing to listen to "offers" from shrewd tiki-tribe folks who know NOW is the time that Green is King!
http://www.laluzdejesus.com/shows/2012/Parker/TikiShark2012.htm

Take a look see at what has not sold, and contact the gallery or my agent , Abbas, at [email protected].
The tiki gods are smiling on honest offers and you never know - this could be the perfect purchase that could shock you & make U have-ta' change your shorts!!!

Big BIG aloha! Thanks again to everyone who came out and supported us.

There's also super secret Great news about fantastic future art projects, but (shhhhh!) I'll save that news for later!

Just remember, Right Now my art agent, Abbas, is still saying "BETTER SELLING THAN SHIPPING!"
... and make a deal that is a steal!
A-lo-HA!
B tiki shark P

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

Kustom Skate Decks!!
The ultimate Low-Brow Culture meets Skate Culture meets Tiki Culture.
$200.00 each. + s&h
Limited editions, Very few left - can maybe take a few more orders IF you act very quickly.
contact Abbas , [email protected]

1.) Tales From the Tiki Lounge
2.) Creature From Kona
3.) Dracula Drinks ...a Mai Tai
4.) The Were Wolf of Waikiki
5.) Frankenstein goes to Hawaii
Comes with hard-ware to hang on the wall, and be the ultra swank "objects o' ART"!
(If u want the whole set of 4 Classic Monsters, maybe Abbas can cut u a deal - hey doesn't hurt to ask!)
ALOHA!
Brad Tiki-shark Parrker

Pages: 1 2 52 replies