Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist 12-28-11

Pages: 1 0 replies

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: December 28, 2011

This week it was time to celebrate the waning of the old year and the imminent arrival of the new in the Tiki lounge, along with winter and partying. Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge is broadcast on Wednesdays, 5-6 pm EST at: http://www.radiofairfax.org The show is broadcast live; no recorded shows are archived. Some fans record it on their computers to listen to later. Radio Fairfax also can be heard on Tune In Radio at tunein.com, and streamed on smartphones by downloading the Tunein app. It can be streamed on Roku and Google TV at: http://tinyurl.com/3uqfsz9

1. “It's Gettin' Kinda Chilly” the 1938 song by Slim Gaillard from the CD Box Set: Laughing in Rhythm.

2. “April in My Heart” from the collection: Cab Calloway & His Orchestra -- Volume 2, 1938-1939.

3. “Winter's Got Spring Up Its Sleeve” by June Christy from her 1961 LP: This Time of Year.

4. “Snowy Morning Blues” from the CD: The Original James P. Johnson – 1942-1945 Piano Solos.

5. “Drunk” by Buster Poindexter from the CD: Buster's Happy Hour.

6. “Cuba Libre” by Xavier Cugat & His Orchestra from the1963 LP: Cugi’s Cocktails.

7. “December Blue” by Duke Ellington from the 1953 recording: Piano Reflections, featuring Duke Ellington on Piano, Wendell Marshall on Bass, and David Black on Drums.

8. “Winterset” the 1955 recording from the CD: Donald Byrd – Timeless: The Savoy Jazz Classics, featuring Donald Byrd on Trumpet, Frank Foster on Tenor Sax, Hank Jones on Piano, Paul Chambers on Bass, and Kenny Clarke on Drums.

9. “When Roses Bloom in the Winter” From the 1963 LP: Duke Kahanamoku Presents A Beachboy Party With Waltah Clarke, featuring Chick Daniels on Vocal and Ukulele.

10. “I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm” by Julie London from the collection: Ultra Lounge Christmas Cocktails, Part Three.

11. “So Is Your Old Lady” the 1926 song by Honey Duke & His Uke from the CD Box Set: With My Little Ukulele in My Hand, featuring Johnny Marvin On Vocal & Ukulele.

12. “Happy New Year Blues” the 1935 song by Mary Harris from the Dust-to-Digital anthology: Where Will You Be Christmas Day?

13. “I’ll Dance at Your Wedding” by 1947 recording from the anthology: The Capitol Collectors Series/Peggy Lee/Volume 1 – The Early Years.

14. “What Are You Doing New Year's Eve” by the Brian Setzer Orchestra from their CD: Dig That Crazy Christmas, with Brian Setzer and Julie Reiten on Vocals.

15. “Midnight Sun” by Jackie Ryan from her Two-CD Set: Doozy, With Eric Alexander on Sax.

Pages: 1 0 replies