Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Paris: Any TIki Bars there?

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

I have a stopover next week in gay Paree...
is there anywhere tiki of note to go to? Does Paris have a Trader Vic's?

Not tiki but, last I heard they had a Bodegita del Medio . A spin-off of Hemmingway's favorite Habana rest/bar for a mojito fix. Take a sharpie with you to sign your name on the wall, and of course "Tiki Central was here!"

paris does not have a trader vic's. & to the best of my (& a few other posters' - there's a thread about paris on here somewhere) knowledge there's no tiki. however, i noticed a couple of very kitsch bars in the area around centre pompidou - one pirate themed, another was afro-cuban themed. also, the louvre has a newish exhibition area w/ "primitive art" from hawaii & polynesia, png, etc.

tiki or no, paris is wonderful. feel free to email me if you'd like some non-tiki tips!

bon voyage!

Aloha,

Try the Buddha Bar. It's almost Tiki in its loungey coolness. The have great decor and a great "sound track."

The Buddha there is very Tiki in its own sublime way.

T

I only have one day so I may go for the Pirate theme... I'll save the cuba theme for when I actually go to Havana (I can go cause I'm Canadian - just have to wait until the American hubby gets his dual citizenship).

Arrrr mateys!

On 2003-06-11 13:14, tikifish wrote:
I only have one day so I may go for the Pirate theme... I'll save the cuba theme for when I actually go to Havana (I can go cause I'm Canadian - just have to wait until the American hubby gets his dual citizenship).

Arrrr mateys!

they were right next to each other. i'll try to remember the street name.

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-06-11 13:19 ]

For a little dose of Tiki, go to the Polynesian Cultural Centre at 28 Boulevard St Germain. It's just an info centre for the South Pacific, but there are lots of Tikis and maybe an art show in the basement if you are lucky.

'Harry's Bar' is, of course, one of the world's classic cocktail bars. No Tiki's, but great drinks.

Combine the two and I guess you're someway there!

Trader Woody

On 2003-06-11 13:18, Tiki Chris wrote:

On 2003-06-11 13:14, tikifish wrote:
I only have one day so I may go for the Pirate theme...
Arrrr mateys!

they were right next to each other. i'll try to remember the street name.

can't remember or find the street's name but it's between these metro stops:

Etienne Marcel & Centre Pompidou

but honestly, if you're strapped for time, there are certainly more interesting sights in paris. although, the centre pompidou is worth visiting if you're into modern, innovative architecture.

if you're there in the evening, you may find the buddha bar &/or harry's more interesting.

tiki chris

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-06-12 03:16 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies