Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Ohana 2012 Room Crawl - Calling all hosts!!

Pages: 1 6 replies

Aloha!

Yes the room crawl is coming back to the Luau at the Lake in 2012.

But there is no room crawl without our generous hosts! If you are planning to host a room or even considering hosting a room please contact me by sending me a private message on the forum here.

Please include:

Your name and anything else you want to tell me about your room at this point.

Your email address.

A cell phone number where you can be reached while in Lake George.

And let me know if you have already booked a room and if so, which room rate/type you selected and the name on the reservation.

We will post updates here and also keep hosts informed on the room crawl plans via email.

Don't be shy! Got a cool idea for a theme? Run with it. You'll have a blast.

Mahalo and see you at the Lake!

-Rev

Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far.... we have a good group of hosts coming together. Some of our old pros and some new players with great plans.

Anyone else who is interested please contact me, it would be great to have you on our list even as a "maybe" if your plans are still up in the air.

Mahalo!

This year will be my husband's and my first visit to Ohana. What is the room crawl?! :)

On 2012-05-06 12:45, Tiki-kitty wrote:
This year will be my husband's and my first visit to Ohana. What is the room crawl?! :)

It is a method of entertainment for the gap between bands while they break down and the next band sets up. Guests of the event graciously open their rooms and serve drinks, sing songs, some even dance... all for some fun in between all the fun.

Some room hosts will serve amazing cocktails. Some room hosts will decorate elaborately. Some will do both. Others will simply open their doors, hand you a drink, and ask you to join the fun.

While all of that sounds rather fluffy and appropriate for the travel brochure, which is only partly intentional, the real answer is there is no real answer as to what is the room crawl. Just imagine being invited over to someone's house for cocktails. Now imagine that persons house as being a room at the Tiki Resort and the friend doing the inviting is someone you may have only just met.... that is what the room crawl is.

Chip is being gracious to those of us who play music. Some would more accurately say the band sets are the rest time between what so many people consider the best part of Ohana!

The Room Crawl is an amazing opportunity to meet some of the nicest people on the planet, who will open up their rooms to you, showing you the true meaning of Ohana, and hand you a well made cocktail before sending you on your way to the next room where the incredible experience will happen again!

It's so incredible, you'll need to stop and rest. That's when we bands play and you recharge your batteries for the next round of incredible!

Oops, double post

[ Edited by: The Granite Tiki 2012-05-09 15:53 ]

@ Chip and Andy:
Thanks for the information! Sounds like yet another thing to look forward to!!!
Mahalo :)

Pages: 1 6 replies